The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 11 Regional Offices, 33 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
Reporting to: Catering & Lodging Division
Terms of employment: Contract for 6 months
Key Performance Areas
- Identifies and requests cooking input requirements in accordance with the daily cooking job orders;
- Calculates ingredients required for the preparation specified;
- Prepares pastries, local dish, hot and cold food in accordance with standard or special menus and recipes of the day;
- Allocates tasks to the cooks and kitchen helpers of the cooking line and facilitates progress;
- Fries, boils, roasts and steams meat, fish, vegetables and other food according to planned menus;
- Takes care of cooked food and, sorts, stores and keeps in a designated kitchenware item or place as appropriate until delivery for serving;
- Conforms to the sanitation regulations and standards effectively and consistently;
- Participates in developing the daily menus and recipes;
- Mentors and coaches cooks and kitchen helpers assigned to the cooking line;
- Ensures that the food items prepared live up to established standards of excellence;
- Reports to the chef on the activities of and problems encountered by the cooking team he/she is assigned to;
- Delivers cooked food for serving;
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the chief cook.
- First Degree in food preparation and 4 years’ experience in food preparation / Bakery & Confectionary
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to [email protected] before the closing date of this announcement on December15, 2020.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.