Job specific roles and responsibilities
§ Prepares bank payment voucher for approved payments and effect the payment.
§ Ensure supplier/vendors are paid on time and legal receipt is received for all effected payments and attach to the payment documents.
§ Handle petty cash of the field office and maintain proper petty cash recording/register
§ Prepares petty cash payment voucher and effects approved cash payment up to petty cash limit of the program.
§ Follow up on staff work advance and travel advance to be settled timely.
§ Properly coding of all bank and petty cash transactions as per chart of account coding classification.
§ Collect cash with appropriate voucher and deposit cash collections intact to bank account.
§ Ensure safe custody of Filed office’s Petty Cash fund, uncollected cheque, new cheque pads & bid bonds, and other legal documents related to finance.
§ Prepare General Ledger and Cash Offline Spread sheet (GLACOSE for all transactions that to be reviewed and posted by the Financial Accountant
§ Make sure that cash related files and records reflect high professional Standards.
§ Plan the systematic collection and filling of finance documents.
§ File all source documents and journal vouchers with all supporting documents.
§ Verify documents to be sent to head office are accurate and contain all relevant data
§ Do other activities assign by immediate Supervisor?
MINIMUM QUALFICATION, EXPEREINCE, COMPETENCIES
· BA degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience,
- Computer knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowhow of different Accounting Software’s
- Experience in handling petty cash is required for this role.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Strong training skill
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices, flexibility in working long hours and ability to work with incoming surge teams;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Teams, in the event of emergencies
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en