- Company: CARE Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
CARE Ethiopia’s mission is to work with poor women and men, boys and girls, communities and institutions, to have a significant impact on the underlying causes of poverty in Ethiopia.
Date: June 10, 2019
Vacancy No. 047/19
No of positions: 1 (one)
Salary: USD 453
Type of Employment: Regular
Unit : PRIME
Duty base: Addis Ababa
Dead Line: 10 days from the date of advertisement
Objectives: The purpose of the Administrative Assistant is to provide key support to the Secretariat in areas of Finance, procurement, administration, office management and program data base management.
This include, monitoring program costs and produces different financial reports. In addition, maintaining cross departmental relationships, arranging repair/maintenance of office equipment, managing procurement and maintenance of office supplies/equipment, arranging travel and other logistical matters, maintaining office documents, assisting program data base arrangement, assisting in financial/narrative reporting and budget preparations, assisting in workshop/meeting organizations and ensuring the smooth running of the Unit are the major ones.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provides administrative backstopping to the Unit including, but not limited to, first point of contact with internal/external parties, confirming appointments, drafting letters of response, etc.;
- Overall office keeping such as arranging for repair and maintenance of office equipment, receive, store and maintain office supplies and equipment, and send, receive and sort mail and other packages;
- Makes travel arrangements for the Unit’s staff as well as partner representatives when deemed necessary;
- Creating and maintaining office documents such as, reports, payment requests, proposals, contracts/agreements and other correspondences;
- Handles procurement requests for travel, office supplies/equipment, and provides administrative supports as required;
- Provides support in coordinating/organizing meetings/workshops;
- Maintains/improves cross department/section relationships.
Maintenance/Management of Files/Records:
- Ensures all project documents are filed in systematic and orderly way;
- Checks information for accuracy, and ensures that it is up to date and relevant;
- Retains up to date information and profile of all projects and ensures that all project reporting is communicated to relevant partners.
- Assists Program staff on quarterly pipeline report consolidation;
Financial oversights and Reporting:
- Participates in processing of new project number and fund codes from CHQ and consolidates the required documentation from program side;
- Provides support to program staff on the analysis of Financial Reports, donor regulations and compliance issues;
- Actively participates in the monthly financial report reviews for the secretariat and make necessary adjusting entries, if any;
- Reviews & analyses sub grant reports and passes the necessary journal entries for assigned partners’ financial reports;
- Supports the Financial Analyst by ensuring budgets, monthly financial reports/ budget utilization reports are analyzed and brings to attention of the Grant Contract, Financial Analyst red-flags requiring immediate attention;
- Facilitates procurement requests and ensures budget exists for such demands;
- Assists in quarterly/semiannual and annual financial and narrative report preparation.
Education: BA / Diploma in Administration, Management, Personnel Management, Procurement, Administration, Secretarial Science, or related fields.
Experience: a minimum of 4 years’ experience in personnel, procurement, administration or related work for Diploma holders or 1 year of experience for BA holder.
- Computer skills in accounting software applications, Data base Management, Power Point, Word, Excel, etc.;
- Proactive, resourceful, capable of multi-tasking and showing initiative;
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Amharic;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, transparent and participatory management.
- Well organized and able to work independently.
Competencies: Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, building partnership, analytical ability, stress tolerance, initiating action, customer focus, interpersonal skill, planning, and organizing.
How to Apply
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please forward your: CV (not more than 3 page) and cover letter (not more than one page) directly by e-mail to ETH.JobsHR@care.org . Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: On the subject Line, please clearly write the position you are applying “Program Administrative Assistant”. Your application will be automatically disqualified, if you fail to do so.
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women