- Company: Technoserve
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
I. TechnoServe Background:
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
II. Position Description:
The Administration Manager’s overall responsibilities are
· The Administration Manager is responsible for overseeing the organization’s overall administrative function. This includes, but not limited to, office services, logistics, procurement, third party contract management and liaison with government agencies, event coordination and visitor support.
· As a senior member of the management team, the admin manager is expected to plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes.
· Responsible for coordinating the organization’s safety and security initiatives and ensuring procedures are followed up.
· Supervise and support the admin team
· By liaising with regional areas admin teams and focal person, the admin manager is responsible for ensuring all necessary logistical and administrative support is provided to all staff to enable all activities to proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to TechnoServe’s admin rules and producers.
III. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and target accomplishments expected of the position.
Supervision and Managerial role
• Directly lead, manage, coach and motivate staff in the admin team both at head office and field offices remotely, to ensure maximum efficiency.
• Revise procurement, logistics and other admin manuals annually in collaboration with SMT to improve efficiency.
• Actively participate in Senior Management meetings (HO and Field)
• Lead the organization of quarterly staff meeting with the support from regional focal persons
• Identify process bottlenecks in admin activities and offer solutions for improvement.
Third Party Contract Management
• Manage all admin related third party agreements and contracts and regularly report on their status.
• Ensure all admin related third party contracts are review by TechnoServe’s legal advisor before they are signed
• Ensure all contractual obligation such as payments, termination notices and renewal are settled on time and as per the contractual terms.
• Develop close links with the government line departments:
• Ensure the requirement of TNS office registration fulfilled including renewal of registration,
• Ensure the requirements of international staff permits fulfilled
• Ensure the facilitation of all travel support to visitors, consultants, guests from TechnoServe offices overseas.
• Responsible for coordinate TechnoServe’s annual consumable items purchase requests and ensure their purchase on quarterly, annual or semi annul basis as appropriate.
• Responsible for managing all other procurement processes; ensure it is done timely and in accordance with the requirements of the law as well as TNS policy.
• Maintain fixed asset inventory and report to finance section on a quarterly basis.
• Maintain efficient utilization of administrative services and assets.
• Provide advice on ensuring the effective use of office space and compound utilization of the organization and office environment related activities.
• Manage resource and services of TNS including all property owned by TNS (fixed and mobile) transport and logistics Service.
• Responsible for ensuring property and money insurances management.
Logistics related activities
· Make sure all TechnoServe transport fleet and locally hired vehicles (if applicable) are managed as per TNS vehicle policy in all project areas.
· Co-ordinate with the Area managers to ensure that the transport requirements of programs are being met.
· Make sure all transport requirements including Vehicle log book, fuel, maintenance, servicing and ensuring that all vehicles are fully equipped with tool kits, First Aid kits, and other relevant equipment for short or long journey
· Make sure vehicles equipment’s are maintained as per TechnoServe logistics manual and TNS maintenance schedule and standards.
· Make recommendations with regard to the repair and maintenance of vehicles based on the reports submitted by mechanic.
· Provide quarterly reports on all transport logistics issues to the Country Director, based on the GPS monitoring report.
· Maintain good working relationship with all program and field admin staff to ensure all procurement needs including vehicles spare parts are being met in a timely and efficient manner
· Make sure all the issues related to vehicle insurance are communicated and handled appropriately.
Staff welfare, Safety and Security
· Ensure all new staff are briefed about the organizations’ admin procedures
· Country level focal point for the organization Safety and Security.
· Safety and Security
· Security information collection and sharing;
· Performing ongoing threat assessments;
· Development and implementation of country safety and security plans;
· Ensuring incidents are reported;
· Traveler support and tracking;
· Attending periodic meetings related to safety and security;
· Liaising with the Compliance & Risk Management function.
· Ensure all program offices have safe working environment by conducting risk assessment and reviewing every year, and provide appropriate recommendation for the management.
· Ensure the well-being and safety of all TechnoServe staff
Manage the IT services
Perform other duties as assigned by the Country Director
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or related field
· 7 + year of experience in Administration and related works
· Understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
· High level of organization and efficiency
· Strong problem solving, critical thinking, coaching skills
· Clear and concise communication skills
· Good time management skill.
· Understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
· Computer skills (emails, word processing and accounting)
· Ability to manage multiple tasks at once for different individuals in the office
· Results focused and aware of the different challenges faced by individuals
· Culturally aware and able to speak English and Amharic fluently.
V. Success Factors:
Competency is a combination of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) directly related to successful performance on the job.
Core Competencies include:
- Integrity and honesty: Is widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent himself or herself for personal gain.
- Team Work/ Relationships: Works co-operatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member and/or leader, to achieve a common goal. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and networks.
- Learning attitude: Proactively takes advantage of opportunities to learn. Actively identifies new areas for
- learning; applies and shares new knowledge and skill appropriately.
- Diversity/Inclusiveness: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for diversity and supports diversity efforts. Interacts effectively with and inclusively with people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, ages, and genders.
- Communication: Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Listens effectively; shares information, ideas and arguments; adjusts terminology, language and communication modes to the needs of the audience; ensures accurate understanding; acts in a way that facilitates open exchange of ideas and information; uses appropriate non-verbal communication.
- Decision making/Problem Solving: Is able to analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution. Is able to make effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, demonstrating sound judgement in escalating issues where necessary.
- Results Oriented/ High Quality Deliverables: Stays focused on the efforts necessary to achieve quality results consistent with programmatic or departmental goals. Demonstrates the ability to achieve effective results; works persistently to overcome obstacles to goal achievement. Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Planning & Time Management: Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Effectively plans, schedules, prioritizes and controls activities; identifies, integrates and orchestrates resources (people, material, information, budget, and/or time) to accomplish goals. Prioritizes work according to the program or department’s goals, not just own job responsibilities; manages own time effectively.
- Business Acumen: The ability to use information, ask the right questions and take decisions that make an impact on the overall business performance.
Job Specific/Technical Competencies include:
· Partnership/Donor Management: program staff should understand and apply techniques to develop, maintain and manage business relationships with clients, donors and internal or external partners in order to implement and manage projects and/or identify new business.
· Financial & Resource Management: an important competency program staff must possess to enable them budget properly based on facts and change course when necessary, knowledge of finance to develop and manage budgets.
· Innovative Mindset: program staff should know how to ask questions and seeks out information from multiple sources, learn from mistakes, and see change as an opportunity.
How to Apply
The closing date for the application is September 15, 2019. Qualified candidates should submit their application with the below link:
This position is only open to Ethiopia Nationals, who must be eligible to invite and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that :
. Application and CVs written in English will be accepted
. Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link
. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
. No Phone call please
. TechnoServe is an equal opportunity employer. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
. TNS has the right to cancel this advertisement