|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||International Rescue Committee (IRC)|
|Job Title||:||Community Engagement and Development Officer|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, November 26, 2021|
|Application Deadline||:||Wednesday, December 1, 2021|
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Position: Community Engagement and Development Officer
- Place of Work: Adama, Ethiopia
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2021
Major job responsibilities:
Project implementation support, technical capacity building
• Provide support to the day-to-day implementation of the project related to capacity strengthening of community, Gender discussion group for women economic empowerment, and creating social cohesion among communities, tanneries, and municipalities.
• Work directly with community organization (CO) members to facilitate the implementation of community projects and design of sustainable strategies for operation and maintenance of resulting services.
• Support tanneries and community-based organizations to strengthen, design, and effectively implement comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs and create social cohesions along the triple bottom line economic, social, and ecological dimensions of business.
• Work on conducting community conversations to promote community-led development to have local needs, priorities, and initiatives integrated into community development planning for the implementation of local community development projects.
• Undertake initial stakeholder assessment (Identify existing social institutions, CBOs, for potential leveraging points) in the LLP sector in Modjo
• Ensure gender and protection concerns are mainstreamed across program activities in the LLP sector and at household, community, and institutional levels (business enterprise).
• Establish and strengthen project management committee (including common pool fund management).
• Support women Village Saving and Loan Association (VSLA) to improve the leadership and the capacity of women agency
• Organize gender discussion groups for saving group members and relatives on gender norms and how they function at the household level to encourage women’s economic participation both at home and in society at large.
• Work as a trainer and resource person in the training organized for the communities and other partners in the project implementation area.
• Promote project through stories, articles, and other PR activities, ensure implementation of Organization and donor visibility strategy
• Ensure appropriate methodologies and technical approaches are developed for all program activities
• Support the development of Standard Operating Procedures and Mentorship Notes for program activities
• Ensure regular monitoring and modification of ongoing programming as required.
• Work closely with the project manager/ERD officers/ other partners to ensure alignment of the project with the strategic plan and relevant theories of change of the plan.
Project Monitoring and Reporting
• Prepare relevant activity donor reports as per agreed-upon schedules (monthly, quarterly, and/or annually) on activities, indicators, and achievements.
• Work closely and coordinate with IRC logistics, finance, and grant staff to ensure timely and compliant program activities and expenditures, including active participation in procurement, supply chain, grant, and other meetings
• Together with the project manager and Accountability and Learning manager/officers, develop and implement a full monitoring and evaluation framework for livelihoods and employment activities as well as learning strategies, and adapt them to the different program methodologies.
• Support the team to develop sound technical design and components of project proposals, business plans, and concept notes.
• Develop and maintain effective coordination and long-term mechanisms with external partners including partner agencies/NGOs, government departments and ministries, community-based organizations, private sector partners, donors, and others representing IRC /DAI positions.
• Actively advance IRC’s/DAI connections to economic actors/private sector at a local, regional, and national level, seeking avenues for partnership, collaboration, and coordination of activities to ensure the sustainability of interventions
• Together with the team leader/team members, regularly engage internally and externally (especially with a municipality)
• Participate in IRC and working groups and communities of practice around livelihoods to share strategies, disseminate research and program successes, discuss implementation challenges, and share standard methodologies
• Support the sharing of information and learning across livelihoods-related programs
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
How to Apply:
• To apply please use the following link:
• MSc/BSc Degree in Community Development, Social Science, Environmental Science, International Development, and/or equivalent.
• Minimum work experience of 2 years for MSc Degree holders, 3 years for BSc Degree holders with communities for development activities.
• NGO experience is a plus.
Required Job Competencies:
• Demonstrated experience in community development activities, with specific experience in corporate social responsibility (CSR), community conversation (CC), and livelihoods development approaches.
• Proven private sector experience, or experience supporting community development initiatives
• Strong program/technical, team leadership skills, planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties
• INGO experience required, experience with coordination systems or advocacy preferable
• Must be capable of applying skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including direct data collection and analysis, implementation, advisory functions, training, and the transfer of technical knowledge and leadership skills to others
• Proficiency in English, Afaan Oromo, and Amharic language is required.
• The ability of basic computer skills mainly, MS word, Excel, internet, etc.
• Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment.
• Flexible and able to handle pressure well, has a strong sense of humor.
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|