CIFA has a mission which it aspires to attain for a long term strategy. In the next 10 years CIFA would like to encourage the leading role of children and youth inside their families and communities, for them to become actors of an environmentally, economically and socially sustainable future.
CIFA is an international NGO with over 30 years of commitment in protecting the most vulnerable categories. Working in Ethiopia for over 15 years, CIFA supports the access to primary and secondary education, especially for girls; fights against the worst form of discrimination and supports women’s economic empowerment.
Within this context CIFA works, in Addis Ababa City Administration, Amhara Region, Southern Nations Nationalities and People Region.
The Country Administrator/Finance & Administration Head will be based in Addis Abeba with frequent missions on the field and s/he will be responsible of all logistic, HR, administrative and financial aspects of the projects implemented by CIFA in Ethiopia. The direct reference person is CIFA Ethiopia Country Representative. S/he will work with the Project Managers, Coordinators and Accountants in the field in order to support the management of the projects.
Country Administrator/Finance & Administration Head is responsible for:
- managing all financial activities contributing to the achievement of the organization over all objectives;
- providing direct management support to project staff under his/her management;
- directly responsible for implementation of all financial activities and the enhancement of support to staffs & partners’ capacities throughout the process;
- responsible for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of an effective financial management system that reflects the organizations strategic direction and priorities;
- has a responsibility to promote coordination and communication between and among departments and staff to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources;
- will ensure that the activities under each project are implemented as per the policy and procedure set by the organization and donor and that technical quality is of the highest standards,
- coordinates technical financial management support to individual projects. This support extends to a wide range of the organization head quarter and any other partners;
- also responsible to provide training and mentoring service to the organization staff and partners in the area of finance & project management;
- responsible to follow up the implementation and effective and efficient use of the accounting software;
- also responsible for ensuring the generation of regular and ad hoc reports of Finance for internal and external purposes;
- will contribute to strategic planning and new ideas development discussions and will maintain effective working relationships with the Country Director and anyone of the staffs or partners.
Required profile: Country Administrator
Starting date: April 2020
Job contract duration : 1 year, renewable
Salary: The salary will be commensurate with the experience of the selected candidate and according to the organization salary scale.
- Bachelor’s Degree, and preferably post-graduate university degree in Business and Administration or alike
- At least 5 years experience in the same job position, of which at least 3 years as administrator in an NGO
- Experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and grant management
- Proven experience in using financial or accounting software
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent organizational and reporting skills, precision, rapidity, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of written and oral English is mandatory (knowledge of the language will be subject to a verification test)
- Knowledge of Italian language is preferable.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfil the above requirements are invited to submit their applications sending motivation letter (maximum 1 page) and your CV (maximum 3 pages) by e-mail to: [email protected] with the subject: CA_CIFA_04
At least two verifiable references are mandatory. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for the submission: 23 rd February 2020