About Frontier i : Frontier i Consult PLC, based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with Office in Berlin, Germany, is one of the leading consulting firms in Ethiopia. The firm was established in 2008 primarily to undertake research and consulting activities in the areas of development in several disciplines to governmental and non-governmental organizations, and bilateral and multilateral institutions.
Frontier i is home for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. As such, the company assembled competent professionals and works in partnership with scholars across the country and abroad. For further information, please visit our website at: www.frontieri.com
Currently, we are seeking to hire a Data Manager with high level of enthusiasm. Join our team of energetic professionals that is committed to bringing change by providing adequate research findings and advisory services for policymakers and various end users.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop tablet data collection application and formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data with attention to security and confidentiality;
- Develops specifications for data capture and input; monitors input to ensure consistency, quality, and integrity of data;
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management and quality control mechanism;
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects;
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards;
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed;
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.);
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses;
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications;
Qualification and Experience:
- MSc. and / or PhD in computer science, statistics, economics or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years for MSc. and 2 years for PhD.
- Experience in working with/combining different datasets like household surveys, agricultural surveys, and other socioeconomic datasets for statistical and econometric analysis.
- Experience on large national and regional survey data.
- Proven experience as data manager/Programmer;
- Proficient in at least one of the following mobile data collection tools (Survey Solutions, SurveyCTO, ODK, CSPro, or KoBo Toolbox);
- Proficient in SPSS or STATA statistical packages
Technical and Other Skills:
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.);
- Ability to design and implement systems necessary to collect, maintain, and analyze data;
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.);
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Ability to coordinate and lead projects and programs data;
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications;
- Ability to supervise and train assigned staff;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to verify data input and correct errors;
- Ability to resolve data input, storage and/or retrieval problems and to design solutions and modifications;
- Knowledge of computer data processing principles.
How to Apply
Candidates who are interested and fulfill the requirements shall submit their applications/motivation letters along with updated CV via email at [email protected] by clearly marking the position title on the subject line OR in person to the following address.
Fronter i Consult P.L.C
Bole Medhanalem, in front of Sheger House, Lingo Tower 8 th floor