The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Dispatcher , based in Jigjiga.
- Dispatches vehicles in a safe, objective-driven and economical manner and organizes drivers’ assignments.
- Manages and supervises Fleet team, manages and supervises field & town movements
- Repairs and maintains ICRC vehicles, generators & other logistic assets mainly independently
- Strictly follows safety instructions in carrying out routine works
- Assists other Mechanics on complex maintenance cases
Trains Mechanics and helpers
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maximizes fleet efficiency and effectiveness through planned resource allocation and preventive
maintenance together with the Vehicle Fleet Manager or Logistician.
Provides and organizes training for fleet staff on: technical aspects (diagnostics, repairs, maintenance techniques), transfer of technology, proper use of diagnostic and other electronic equipment, tools and machinery, and ICRC administrative procedures.
Helps the Mechanics with complex diagnostics and technical problems with vehicles and generators and suggests solutions.
Is accountable for all maintenance and repair work performed in ICRC and or Vendors workshop and for the material used.
Operates and maintains the Fleetwave Centralize (FWC) software system, electronic log book, electronic spare parts catalogue, etc., as required.
Monitors and checks fuel consumption, including contingency planning.
Establishes and updates job cards based on maintenance history for all vehicles and other logistics equipment and provides reports and statistics.
Sets stock levels for spare parts and consumables in accordance with activity levels; takes part in placing orders for spare parts and equipment as required.
Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line manage
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
Minimum required knowledge & experience :
- Minimum three years' confirmed experience as a foreman/forewoman in the automotive industry or 4–6 years' experience in a similar position as a mechanic.
- Experience in managing a team.
How to Apply
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (in front of EIAR, around Egziabher ab church)/ICRC Sub – delegation in Jigjiga OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date: June 22,2019
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.