In September 2019, Pharo School Homosha will be opening its newly completed Grade 9-12 boarding school for female students in the Benishangul-Gumuz region. Fully funded by the Pharo Foundation, the Pharo School Homosha campus is situated on 3 hectares of land and is made up of eight buildings, (comprising of Administration, Classrooms, Library, Hall, Cafeteria, Dormitory, Store and Service) with a total area of over 6,000 M 2 .
The Electromechanical Technician will report to the Director of Facilities Management. This position requires ample knowledge of Plumbing, Mechanical Technology along with a deep understanding of Electrical and Electronic Circuits. He / She shall operate, test, and maintain both manual and automated electromechanical equipment, which includes consistent electromechanical operations through appropriate maintenance. The incumbent shall have in depth understanding of Electromechanical Designs and Layouts.
The Electromechanical Technician shall perform his/her duty accordingly to the design schemes and layouts; follow predefined work procedures and schedules issued by the Facilities Management and Maintenance Department to facilitate efficient and safe proceedings, minimizing risk to equipment and any persons. The incumbent shall have in depth experience and recognized professional certification demonstrating expertise and sound understanding of:
- Hydraulic diagrams
- Mechanical layouts and key parts
- 3-phase electrical system, respective schematic and component selection,
- 3-phase generating sets, electrical motor starting methods and appliances.
The Electromechanical Technician shall be able to demonstrate adequate understanding on the proper functionality of electromechanical equipment and corresponding instrumentation (both analogue and digital). This position requires an adequate understanding on the fundamental operational principles and intensive monitoring of electromechanical equipment and their standard maintenance procedures. These include:
- Technical data interpretation of the instrument reading; e.g. how the incumbent can deal justly with measured instrumental values from pressure gauges, electronic multi-function device, and gen-sets electronic cards.
- The smooth functionality of electrical water pumps and generators.
- Installation of electromechanical equipment, repairs to and properly fixing of spare parts, in the equipment.
- Dealing appropriately with scheduled preventive maintenance procedures and timely mechanical servicing to the electromechanical equipment.
This position requires proper utilization and employment of Electromechanical Tool Kit:
- The incumbent shall be equipped with the adequate knowledge of the proper usage of tool kits / measuring instruments.
The Electromechanical Technician must be able to demonstrate adequate experience on minor welding, tacking, grinding and drilling skills for electromechanical maintenance and necessary repairs. The incumbent shall possess a fundamental understanding on the underlying principles and key competencies on those major workshop practices and the necessary safety guidelines of:
- Proper usage of personal protective equipment (PPE); in common superficial knowledge on risk assessment (Based on this, to be sure, there will scientifically be documented and typically presented to the employee; additionally there will be toolbox talks before any task; therefore, a notable performance will be evaluated accordingly.).
- Inclusive workplace cleanness and inspection; this is typically dealing with exposing to hazardous equipment.
- Monitoring for any issues which can lead to safety issues, e.g. fire.
The Electromechanical Technician must be able to demonstrate proper technical reporting skills including:
- strong organizational skills
- the ability to prepare detailed technical reports
- maintaining of reliable records of all maintenance and repair work
- To handle with due care all instruments and tools ensured to him/her for work
This position is a newly created position and the incumbent must demonstrate the capacity for multi-tasking, strong teamwork skills, strong communication skills, open mindedness and a curiosity to embrace modern instruments and adaptive technologies.
This position requires living on the Pharo School Campus in Homosha.
- BSc. Degree / Diploma in Electromechanical / Mechanical Engineering / Water Engineering, Water Supply and Sanitary System from accredited University or Technical Institution.
- A necessary minimum of Four (4) years practical experience for the First Degree holder and Six (6) years for Diploma holder.
- Good knowledge of standard English Language (listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing)
Experience and Qualifications
- Emergency experience would be eminently desirable.
- Genuine experience in key areas of: generator installation, servicing and preventive maintenance, pump setting up and servicing and related water works.
- Good knowledge and welding experience works is a must.
- Ultimate team collaborator, effective communication, innovative, apparent willingness and patient perseverance to work in irregular job hours.
- Cognitive ability to faithfully perform with minimal or no direct supervision is highly encouraged.
How to Apply
Review of application packages will begin as soon as they are received and only complete application packages will be reviewed. In the event that an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process we reserve the right to appoint before the deadline. For this reason we encourage interested candidates to apply at the earliest possible time. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we will only be able to contact selected candidates.
Please send the information listed below as a single PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A detailed CV
- A letter of application explaining your strengths as a candidate (maximum 300 words)
- A one-page list of five references with current addresses, phone numbers, SKYPE and email contacts.
- Please type the position title of Electromechanical Technician in the subject line.
- This position is open to female and male applicants. Applicants must demonstrate proof of eligibility to work in Ethiopia
Female Applicants are encouraged