Cordaid is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines expertise in humanitarian aid and development cooperation to realize structural poverty eradication. Cordaid believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. Cordaid’s work focuses is on the value of every human being and the solidarity to provide a dignified existence for everyone. Cordaid Ethiopia has been operating since 2006 in Ethiopia.
Cordaid Ethiopia is currently recruiting Field Administrative Officer for its project offices in Jimma.
Purpose of the Position
The Field Administrative Officer is responsible for the provision of Operational support to the regional office in the areas of finance and administration, logistics, and procurement functions.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks (summary)
- Processes payments to vendors and beneficiaries in a timely manner;
- Keeps the office safe maintaining cash and other valuable assets in a secure manner;
- Verifies expenditures documentation for completeness prior to submitting to the national office;
- Contributes to the procurement process for office property, expendable supplies, and services;
- Ensures all income taxes, and other taxes are withheld and paid accordingly;
- Supports the monitoring the maintenance of office equipment, ensuring timely repairs when required;
- Coordinates the movements of vehicles and ensures proper maintenance of vehicles and drivers;
- Oversees and ensures proper maintenance and functioning of other office equipment and furniture
- Supports the follow-up and updating of inventory list; and
- Any other duties assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in the area of administration, procurement, or logistics;
- Excellent skills and knowledge of logistics, financial administration, and accounting processes ;
- Previous experience in a Governmental or other International Organization is an advantage;
- Good communication skills;
- Fluency in Oromiffa, Amharic, and English languages;
- Capable of working under pressure in a multitasking position;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment; and
- Good experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
How to Apply
Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter and CV in English, with email contact details of at least 3 professional references, to the following email [email protected]
More preference candidates from Jimma and Borena.
CORDAID is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short-listed on a regular basis and we may offer posts before the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.