Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behavior towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
Field Safety & Security Coordinator (re-advert)
Place of Work
Safety & Security
Monthly Salary in ETB
As per the organization Scale
No. of Positions
Length of Contract
One-year with possibility of extension
Oversees development and administration of safety and security and ensures communication throughout all SCI operational areas is reliable. Advocates and promotes a strong safety and security communication protocols within the field level, develops and implements maintenance schedules; develops communication procedure and radio operation protocols; Oversees the protection and safeguarding of staff, office and guest house buildings and facilities from any risk prevailing in the areas.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Safety & Security Operations Manager
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Assess the required safety and security threats/risks, communication devices and recommend to the field/Project offices;
• In collaboration with the safety and security operations manager and the respective field/project offices, assess the risks and communication requirements for new field offices and recommends as required;
• Develop maintenance schedule and performs accordingly;
• Request budget for procurement, installation and maintenance of safety and security facilities and communication devices for all field offices;
• Conduct training on person SS, communication protocols and radio operations to the concerned staff at the field/Project Offices;
• The position holder is also ensures that the safety and security of the office buildings, guest houses and the stores are protected from theft, and other risks;
• Conducts regular inspection on the safety of vehicles and communication devices in all the Field/Project offices including Nekemt, Ambo, Adama and Bale;
• In addition to technical documentations for the safety and security management, the position holder, in close collaboration with the Safety and Security Operations Manager, reviews the safety and security documents, and develop new ones as appropriate;
• Oversee the radio and other trucking activities, monitors and approves field travel requests and checks daily field movement trucking reports regularly;
• Coordinates and performs on-site safety and security facility and communication training.
• Supports all departments in all Field/Project Offices by addressing safety and security Facility issues, facilitating training, and distributing information on all matters related to safety and security;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent college level education in social science, security management and a related field of study
· Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience;
· Three years’ experience monitoring and/or investigating safety practices or incidents;
· Demonstrated satisfactory written and oral communication skills in prior positions with fluent command of English to effectively compose and edit technical documents;
· ability to independently review technical documents, interpret and organize data and information as required;
· Any combination of education, training and experience that provides the above knowledge, abilities and skills may be substituted.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through
email@example.com before or on May 15, 2019.
a. A CV (not more than 3 pages)
b. A cover letter (not more than one page)
c. A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application . You will provide them upon request.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL .
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for
children. We undertake rigorous procedures during the recruitment process including background checks
to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all
candidates will therefore be subject to this scrutiny.
In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.