- 1. Monitors risk associated to commodity management and distribution implemented by Rapid Response Mechanism Programme with IRC Prime implementer and Concern Worldwide and Catholic Relief Society(CRS) sub-primes supported by OFDA and FFP/USAID, in compliance with Minimum Standards for Commodity Management and Distribution, and with USAID Food for Peace (FFP) regulations, in accordance with agreements signed with each partner;
- 2. Monitor risks and compliance at Final Distribution Point (FDP), reports back to Commodity Manager accordingly, on activities of the FDP’s/centers/sites, general conditions of facilities/warehouses, distribution process and other compliancy issues related to the US Government commodities supplied by CRS and Concern, clearly and accurately, on any findings, issues or successes through established reporting systems;
- 3. Maintains smooth working relationship with consortium members (partner)Commodity Management team at the FDP and local level;
Main duties &
2.1 Risk Monitoring
- Implements/adheres to the monitoring schedule and activities as per Monitoring Plan developed by Concern and CRS;
- Conducts regular field trips and plans them accordingly with working staffs to undertake monitoring visits at FDP level, to verify that Ext. JEOP Minimum Standards for Commodity Management are implemented, including donor policies and regulations;
- Conducts risk monitoring visits at FDP’s using the Mini iPad devices, iFormbuilder Data Collection tool, and upholding high standards of equipment maintenance, accurate input of data, and timely synchronization of data as specified by the JEOP/DFAP protocols. The monitoring visits comprise of but not limited to:
- Checks for physical conditions of warehouses/storing facilities and ensures that any findings are in line with ext. JEOP Minimum Standards for Commodity Management
- Examines commodity management at FDP level and all procedures implemented by working partners are in place to protect vulnerable groups like women, disabled and children;
- Conduct physical inventory check of commodities at the FDP;
- Verifies for receipt and distribution of commodities are properly recorded and balances tally with physical inventories at the FDP level;
- Verifies that distribution is in accordance with agreements made between CRS and partners;
- Verifies that partner monthly reports including BUBD tracking are prepared accurately and in a timely manner at field level and that reports are sent periodically to CRS;
- Verifies that quarterly CSR, RSR and LSR are submitted to CRS on timely manner;
- Verifies the proper documentation of sub agreements, master beneficiaries list, distribution plan, monitoring reports and other related documents are available and authorized by relevant signatories;
- Verifies availability and display of adequate and appropriate branding and marking at FDP during distributions;
- Examines commodities are handled in line with GACAP (Generally Accepted Commodity Accounting Principles), JEOP standards and other donor principles;
- Monitors condition of commodities, proper stacking and records are properly maintained and accounted for;
- Checks whether the necessary forms, documents, source of information etc. are being used properly and regularly;
- Conducts frequent market/mill assessment;
- Make sure that all collected data through Mini iPads are recorded properly, clearly and accurately at FDP
2.2 Assessing capacity and gaps of each center/site (FDP )
- Assesses requirements at each center and evaluates the capacity and knowledge the staff responsible for record keeping and warehouse management;
- Identifies any gaps that may impede commodity management compliance with JEOP Minimum Standards, Concern and CRS Commodity Management Manual and USAID regulations;
- Reports the analysis back to Commodity Manager after field visits;
2 .3 Conducting exit/closure meetings with Partner
- Conducts exit meeting with the partners management staff and discuss observations, findings and the possible recommendations that may be reported at the end of the monitoring visit;
- Exit meeting should be documented through debriefing minutes and sent to Commodity Manager Unit.
2.4 Preparing and submitting reports
- Ensure timely and accurate synchronization of all reports via mini iPad established platform and protocols;
- Follows up and reports on implementation of Internal and External Audit recommendations, which are to be implemented by partners.
- Submits iPad report at a reasonable time. The latest by agreed date of reporting month deadline.
- In case of incidents, report immediately to projectmanagers or directly to Commodity Manager, if possible in written, if not through telephone.
2.5 Planning and carrying out improvements in monitoring work
- Plans and carries out the improvements of monitoring work by studying and keeping in touch with current practices and methods and development activities;
- Performs other related duties as required and instructed by supervisor;
- Flexible to travel and cover in other working sites of Concern Worldwide
- Perform other duties assigned by the line manager for the accomplishment of programme objectives.
- Concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and the Ethiopia Programme is to respond, all staff are required to actively participate in the response, regardless of location and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
- Demonstrate understanding of Concern Ethiopia’s Gender Equality Strategy
- Contribute to ensuring that Concern Ethiopia is a place where men and women are treated equally and with dignity and respect
- Demonstrate gender equality awareness and gender sensitivity and an ability to integrate a gender equality perspective into tasks and activities.
- BA/BSc degree in relevant field with min. 5 years’ experience; or
- College Diploma in relevant area with min. 8years relevant experience
- Min 2 years NGO experience
Competencies /Knowledge, Ability and Skill
- Good knowledge and experience in food monitoring
- High degree of initiative, integrity and accountability
- Comprehensive knowledge of the polices, rules, and regulations of Concern governing the operations of PDPs and distribution centers warehouses
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadline
- Skill in report writing
- Skill in the use of computer and S/W related to the job
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Human Resource Department P.O. Box 2434, Addis Ababa.
Apply in person at our Office in Addis Ababa or IRC in Assosa Sub Office at New Road in front of Ethio-Telecome Building
Office Phone Number (057-775-11-29)
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies:
- Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both
- the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.!!!