Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The Joining Forces Alliance has been awarded a €10 million grant from the EU to address the major child protection issues arising from and exacerbated by COVID-19. Joining Forces for Africa (JOFA) Project will be implemented in five countries (Senegal, Mali, Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda) for three years (2020-2023). The project will be implemented by a consortium of six INGOs where by PIE is a lead agency in Ethiopia.
This role will responsible for effective financial management and donor reporting consolidation among others; support the Finance Officers and Coordinators at PA and CO in the program areas in all matters, meeting compliance issues and reporting of grant related funds to management. The post holder ensures all financial aspects of grants are implemented as per grant agreement document and maintains high standards of quality and integrity of financial data.
Dimensions of the Role
The Country Finance Coordinator is responsible for the surface review and consolidation of country level financial reporting, and the financial reporting, control and compliance oversight of the Plan International implementation. He/she will ensure quality and standards in the financial control and compliance aspects of the project implementation by and will support implementing partners with orientation and guidance on project finance, reporting and compliance standards.
She/he will oversee and ensure that financial reports from implementing partners are consolidated into the country financial reports. The finance coordinator will conduct visits to the Plan International implementation sites and conduct compliance spot checks to maintain compliance and financial control standards. She/he will also provide orientation and guidance to the finance staff of implementing partners on project finance, reporting and compliance standards. She/he will co-ordinate closely with the Country Consortium Project Manager, the finance staff of implementing partners and the Country Management Unit (CMU). The Finance Coordinator will participate in global Project Management Unit (PMU) meetings when finance matters are discussed.
· To ensure apportion cost and 30/70 included in the budget before FAD stage 3 signed.
· Review the awarded grant budget share and recommend head of finance to approve the PO creation by the budget holder.
· The position holder should Review the Program outline (PO) on SAP to ensure approved budget on the Excel sheet Vs uploaded on the system.
· The position holder is accountable for the assigned grant to insert the awarded budget on SAP system.
· The position holder is in charge of linking the Funded Program which is prepared by BDD with Work-Breakdown-Structure-WBS which is prepared by programme in SAP system.
· Support programme team in annual budget preparation to ensure the budget are accurate, reasonably and incorporate all costs like apportion cost.
· Responsible to produce monthly Budget Vs Expenditure report to internal management per donor agreed currency for the assigned grant.
· Prepare periodic donor report using the donor template as required for the assigned grant.
Compliance and Monitoring
· Ensure for each assigned grant the share Cost recovery per WBS were charged periodically.
· The position holder is responsible to monitor the budget utilization per each budget in the agreement and give the timely advice to the programme team about the budget status.
· Verify all assigned payment documents are comply with the donor, Plan and government rules and procedures.
· Conduct field monitoring from the finance perspective and develop the filed compliance visit report submit to the Grant and Finance Compliance Manager and the respective programme team and follow-up the implementation of action pointes.
Partner and PA
· Providing orientation and ongoing guidance to implementing partners on financial compliance and control, based on project finance, reporting and compliance standards.
- Provide oversight and analysis of the financial status of the project at country level against standard performance indicators.
- Perform visits to project implementation areas to support project teams in financial control and compliance, including spot checks.
- Receive financial reports from implementing partners and conduct (with the support of the country project manager) a surface review to ensure logic and coherence between financial and narrative reports, and to identify any changes to the budget of activities and expenses.
- Report changes to the budget of activities and expenses to the country project manager.
- After conducting a surface review of reports submitted, consolidate (with the support of the country project manager) all financial reports submitted by implementing agencies and the reports of their own implementation into one country level report for each reporting period, to be submitted to the Project Manager as per the reporting schedule.
- Participate in regular (monthly) coordination meetings with the CMU.
- Attend PMU meetings when finance matters are discussed according to PMU terms of reference.
· Contribute to contract amendments focusing on budgeting for compliance with contractual rules and requirements.
· Support successful project close out, including disposal of assets and equipment, financial reconciliations.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Consortium Project Manager.
· In collaboration with the relevant staff, support the partner’s pre award assessment with plan predetermined criteria and guidelines for identifying partners and selecting project proposals to be funded.
· Identify the capacity building need and give technical and on job support to plan Finance Coordinators, Finance officers at PA and Sub grant finance staff.
· Under take regular Sub office and sub grant monitoring visit from financial perspective to review the financial records and ensure compliance.
· The position holder will review the sub grant document which is under the assigned grant before the advance is liquidated.
Grant Closure and Auditing
- Coordinate and oversee the conduct of annual expenditure verifications by the audit firm contracted by the Consortium Lead.
· Confirm the outstanding payment, outstanding Advance, partner advance, NR-(Not related to grant) per the assigned grant were cleared before the grant is closed.
· The position holder is responsible in facilitate donor audit for each assigned grant per donor requirement including the TOR preparation; in addition,
· Support stator audit and Maintenance of Audit report
Dealing with Problems
- Engages in various grant related reporting to stakeholders coming from inside and outside the organization and this needs strong knowledge of case management and how to prioritize the same.
Internally: Establish and maintain open and cordial relationship with Head of Finance, Grants Finance and Compliance Manager, CO staff, project areas Finance staff.
Externally : Donors, Consortium members, partners and other stakeholders as deemed necessary.
How to Apply
The closing date for the application is September 15, 2020. Qualified candidates should submit their application with the below link.
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
· Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
· Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.