Program Background :
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
Specific responsibilities include:
· The safe and efficient transportation of IRC personnel and materials
· The care and maintenance of IRC vehicles and their accessories
· The representation of IRC in a professional manner
· Strict adherence to the IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers.
· Daily and pre-long-distance vehicle checks.
· Accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet.
· Maintaining the vehicle clean, fueled and mechanically sound.
· Inspecting and maintaining all vehicle accessories.
· Advising the Fleet manager of pending inspections, insurance renewal or any defects or problems.
· Minimum one years’ work experience with diploma.
· Motor vehicle Mechanics certificate
· Valid driving license
· No road safety-related fines or convictions
· Written and spoken English
· Able to pass IRC driving test
· Basic computer skills MS Excel and Word
· Thorough knowledge of road rules and regulations
· Good knowledge of the operation and components of Land cruiser vehicles
· Safe driving skills
· Skills in routine vehicle maintenance
· Knowledge (or ability to quickly learn) of HF, VHF and satellite communications equipment
· Team spirit and problem-solving abilities
· Able to carry out limited, un-supervised tasks
· Drivers must display an attitude and behavior that reflects well on both themselves and the IRC