The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2019, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial, and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of ICT Database Administrator.
The Database Administrator under the direct support of the ICT Manager will be responsible for maintaining data integrity and security to NEBE’s existing database system and will create and manage feasible optimal database system to support the election process. The Database Administrator will also use updated software to store and organize data and make sure database systems are updated and up to organizational standards.
Required number: One
Reports to: ICT Manager
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Salary: Attractive (Non Civil Service Scale)
Expected Start Date: Immediately after obtaining the contract
· Design and take care of computer database systems and make it accessible for use
· Carry out plans for maintenance and updates of the database system
· Manage, Supervise and Monitor NEBE’s existing database system and work on system modification plan
· Install and configure new version of database management system to support the election process
· Ensure the security of organizational’ data
· Develop, implement and maintain change control and testing process
· Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
· Manage the security and disaster recovery system of the database
· Give privilege to access control
· Plan for database administration and management
· Ensure that there is provision for data security and recovery control
· Ensure that database software is installed according to company procedure
· Keeping databases up to date
· Responsible for submitting reports on timely basses
· Experience with SQL Server and SharePoint Database Services administration, data backs-up, data recovery, and updated and fix security patches
· liaising with programmers, applications /operational staff, IT project managers and other technical staff
· Follow instructions of managers and perform any task as required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Information system, Management information system or related fields
· 5 years of relevant experience
· Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge experience in Server, Oracle, Postgres and other database systems
· Domain level technical knowledge to maintain databases, ensure recovery and provide patches on MySQL and/or Oracle databases.
· Experience working independently on technical database administration activities
· Experience with SharePoint Database Services
· Demonstrated IT and technical skills
· Good problem-solving and team working skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
· The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
· Fluency in English required.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references via email to [email protected] by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and Half day on Saturdays.
For more information and detailed Job description, please visit our job portal at http://www.abhpartners.com/vacancy-announcement-list or http://www.ethiojobs.com
Qualified candidates who fulfil the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.