- Company: United Beverages Share Company
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Oromia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Manufacturing Jobs in Ethiopia
United Beverages Share Company is a subsidiary of United Africa Beverages (UAB), located in Ethiopia. We are an international brewer investing in Africa, with a franchise to manufacture and distribute of one of the top ten global brewery brands. We strive to be Africa’s fastest and largest brewer and employer. We exist to support Africa into accomplishing its social and business potential to the full; to see the continent through its growth and create a lasting positive effect on the communities we invest in.
United Beverages would like to invite qualified and competent applicants for Lab Chemist position.
- Conducts planned and unplanned physic-chemical analyses, and inspection; and maintain records accurately according to accepted standard
- conduct physic-chemical analyses of both direct and indirect product inputs like water, (raw water, treated water,) malt, hops, brewing syrup, lime, HCI, resin salt, sugar. etc.
- Conduct physic- chemical analysis of intermediate products, Final products and by –products like brew house samples, fermentation and maturation beer, filtered beer, final products, spent grain, waste water samples
- Conduct physic- chemical analysis of samples from general utilities, like, CO2 purity, treated water sample, Boiler water samples, glycol, concentration, chlorine residue test, etc.,
- Involve in taking samples and ensure correct sampling of various forms of physic- chemicals samples
- Follow-up and prepare analysis results on the influence of the analyzed parameters (inputs, process out puts on the production, and report the results with corrective action
- check the status of cleaning of empty bottles and draft kegs (PRP-Plus)
- check and verify the concentration and conductivity of the CIP –Process and chemical dosing apparatus
- measure and verify the operational parameters of pasteurizing, like, PU, running time, pasteurization temperature) and bottle washing machine (conductivity, water pressure, chemical dosing apparatus)
- Involve in quality assurance activity like assessment of compliance with rules, standards and procedures, internal calibration of the lab. apparatus for the accuracy and precision of the laboratory’s tests,
- prepare analytical results of inputs, product, and final products
- involve in preparation of calibration inputs
- Follow up and report the implementation and maintenance of process control work instruction at process steps and record keeping related to process and product quality and Food Safety.
- Check and report the analytical results and fulfilments of quality and HACCP standards
No of Vacant Post: 2
Qualification and Experience
- BSc Degree in Applied Chemistry or Microbiology
- +3 Years of experience in Brewery Industry
How to Apply
Interested applicants who are qualified should send their application letter including a CV and non-returnable copy of testimonial by e-mail or in person at United Beverages HQ
UB will provide pool transport service from Addis Ababa to Mojo .
Office Location: United Beverage S.C. : Yetebaberut Building , Atlas to bole medhanealem road behind Sabon Hotel next to Dodi Mini Restaurant.