Job Title: Logistic & Administration Officer (National Position)
Reporting to: Logistic Coordinator
Job Based at : Gambella and camps
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is present in five regions in Ethiopia, providing refugees and internally displaced people with emergency relief and help them to rebuild their lives. NRC works within the sectors of Education, Shelter, WASH, Livelihood and Food Security, ICLA (Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance), and Child Protection.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Logistics and Administration Officer is responsible for the coordination and delivery of an efficient and effective logistics and admin service in Gambella area. This position will mainly focus on planning, budgeting, implementing, and following-up on base management including timely and cost efficient services provision as well as ensuring in conjunction with Security Focal Point, security and safety of personnel and assets.
- Support Gambella operations in programme portfolio implementation according to plan of action;
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in area of expertise that will benefit projects implementation.
- Ensure proper filing of documents;
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines;
A. General management
- Regularly visit field locations and provide logistics and admin staff with onsite support
- Raise awareness on NRC policies and procedures to relevant staff and partners, Code of Conduct, Anti-corruption etc
B. Base and Asset management
· Ensure that all NRC premises (office, field offices, warehouses etc.) are maintained and repaired as necessary, providing good working environment
· Ensure that utilities are provided in a timely and cost effective manner
· Improve and seek new solutions for the premises maintenance and set up, initiate new construction or site development in order to provide better staff services and care.
· Ensure that all the field office utility bills, guest house and warehouse rents are paid on time
· Coordinate the adequate provision of the security guards for the Offices and warehouse
· Control handover of assets and reports follow up
C. Effective Procurement Management
- Ensure support to Procurement Officer if deemed necessary and in particular:
- Ensure adherence to Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements,
- Maintain a high quality procurement system, which is accountable, transparent and compliant with NRC Procurement Policy and donor requirements,
- Coordinate the timely preparation of procurement plans for the office, establish deadlines and monitor implementation,
- Undertake supply and service providers’ pre-qualification, conduct market research, identify and recommend legitimate local suppliers or contractors through systematic evaluation and maintaining a database of potential and active suppliers/contractors.
- Ensure implementation of the internal control system which ensures that PRs are accurately prepared, Purchase Orders/contract are duly prepared, dispatched, scheduled and delivery are well organized and documented.
- Ensure procurement records are kept and filed appropriately from authorized request to end users
- Support Logistics department in taking physical stock counts including recommendations for management decisions. Support regular auditing of all inventory and inventory related documentation.
- Support fleet management by ensuring proper warehousing of fuel, proper parking spaces for vehicles.
Qualifications and Competences:
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working in Logistics ideally in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Good command of English
- Knowledge of procurement policies, process and procedures
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the local language
- Ability to work under pressure and with little supervision
· Planning and delivering results
· Self-starter, highly motivated
· Empowering and building trust
· Communicating with impact and respect
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through OR www.webcruiter.nrc.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by May 2, 2019.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as NRC offers attractive salary and benefit with on-the-job training opportunities!”