The Logistics & Procurement Officer is responsible for carrying out all Samaritan’s Purse (SP) procurement locally for the WASH and Livelihoods projects and any other future assigned projects. This includes oversight of the project inventories both in the warehouse and in the field when necessary. It includes keeping records of stock balances and receiving and issuing materials after all documentation is completed and approved by the program manager.
- Procuring all materials required by the projects and items needed to support Projects assigned
- Ensure all inventories are received, released, stored, and recorded according to the procedures set forth by the organization
- Monitoring the stock levels of WASH and Livelihoods inventory
- Ensure proper fleet arrangement and regular service & maintenance for vehicles and office generators
- Receiving and releasing goods
- Ensuring that items are only released to staff who have received proper authorization using proper documentation
- Ensure that storage space is organized and separated out
- Ensure that inventory is secure by keeping storage units closed and locked
- Record all transactions in relevant paperwork
- Perform period physical counts to check accuracy of records
- Conducting outdoor activities when necessary for checking prices, collecting bids, procuring with cash, handling over the commodities to the beneficiaries, etc.
- Conduct first review of vendor invoices to insure compliance with purchase order and goods received.
- Regular vendor vetting and update local vendors list.
- Contribute to the identification and evaluation of vendors against performance, reliability, quality and value for money, delivery of equipment/service in respect of the organizations ‘best interest and donors’ mandate.
- Manage the construction related files in terms of office and /or other beneficiaries ‘facilities regarding construction, renovations, adding , demolishing , etc., and monitor the contractors for the compliance to the contractual agreements.
- Ensure all the procurement documents and PR tracker regularly updated and saved in box.
- Ensure that updated inventory reports are sent to the supervisor
- With a generous and serving spirit perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse
Education / Experience Needed
- University degree from an accredited academic institution in business administration. Logistics. Supply chain management, or any other related field an advantage.
- Minimum three years of experience working as procurement and store management preferred
- Previous INGO work experience preferred
- Fluency in English and Amharic, knowledge of other local languages also preferred
- Ability to work under little or no supervision in the technical procurement field
- Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and service.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility, tolerance and capacity to work in team.
- High sense of responsibility, dedication and honesty are desirable attributes.
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
- Ability to present clear and concise information.
- Good command of spreadsheet software.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send ONLY updated CV and application letter to [email protected] no later than April 23, 2020. Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ''Logistics and Procurement Officer ''.