The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Logistics Assisstant , based in Jigjiga.
The Logistics Assistant supports the sub delegation's logistics team by following up on and handling requests and will work very closely with ET delegation logistics team. And should be flexible enough for any support requested from ET/ADD delegation.
- Provides support in accordance with logistics standards, ICRC rules, financial procedures and regulations. This may include some or all the following activities:
- Meetings with internal customers for collaborative demand planning (CDP) and forecasting
- Handling all the order management and requests issued by internal customers (assistance and internal departments)
- maintenance, follow-up and statistical reporting using the JDE application
- follow-up on inventory levels, proper management and timely stock count
- follow up of proper warehousing, purchasing, fleet and thier functions
- Managing transport of goods and coordinating trips into the field as per the request and safety rules
- Import-export formalities if there is any especially processing and follow up of direct import of cargo via Dire Dawa when necessary.
- Timely and proper filing and archiving of documents while special attention to confidential documents if there is any.
- performs logistics data collection, entry, analysis and reporting in collaboration with logistics country manager
- Manages the logistics information system (FSS/JDE)
- Managing briefing and training of logistics staff while he/she will supervise, monitor and appraise all warehouse and fleet staffs based in Jigjiga as per the rules and regulations.
- Be aware of the delegations’ goals, mission, objectives and activities
- Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Apply the security rules at all times
- Respects and observes the staff regulations of the ICRC in SRS or area of responsibility.
- The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary
Minimum required knowledge & experience :
- A bachelor degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management or similar fields from recognised University.
- Very good command (spoken and written) of English and the local working language.
- Computer literacy (Word, excel and others), mandatory
- 3 rd grade driving licence, mandatory and should pass ICRC internal driving test.
- Minimum two years' experience in a similar field and position.
- Detailed knowledge of the local area.
- Experience in humanitarian organization is an asset
- Good knowledge of the country custom and transport laws
- High organizational skills are required
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge on local logistics set up and nature are required.
How to Apply
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (in front of EIAR, around Egziabher ab church)/ICRC Sub – delegation in Jigjiga OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date: June 22,2019
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.