Doing the right thing. We are active in Switzerland and 20 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, here in Ethiopia.
CARITAS Switzerland (CACH) has been working in Ethiopia for more than 40 years. Currently CACH cooperates with national partners in Ethiopia. Recently, CACH has successfully been registered as an International Non-Government Organization in Ethiopia and has therefore become operational at project implementation level. CACH’s main working fields are the field of agricultural development, and food security, WASH as well as supporting and implementing emergency and relief operations . Our current working areas are in Southern and Eastern Oromia Region and SNNPR . CACH supports and implements currently different projects in these regions.
Summary of Duties
The Logistics Officer is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of and adherence to logistics and security procedures and provides logistical support for CACH country and field office. The Logistics officer will be based in Addis Ababa with occasional travel to the project areas.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible to maintaining vehicle usage plans
- Responsible for supporting the Office in settling bills and delivering documents to various offices;
- Ensure for maintaining of vehicle logbooks and maintenance record sheets for all projects;
- Bringing and picking up CACH staff to and from the airport, sometimes beyond normal working times if needed;
- Support/Assist for purchasing of goods/services, collects proforma invoices as per authority limits with the purchase committee as per the directives thereon and present the same for evaluation and purchase approval;
- Transport of CACH staff within Addis Ababa to various offices;
- Provides transportation service for CaCH staff to project sites in remote locations sometimes over several days;
- Presents the approved purchase with the approved documents to the Programme Accountant and draws money or cheque and concludes the purchase.
- Performs any additional task as per the instruction of the supervisors.
What we offer and Application process
- Duty stations will be Addis Ababa Country office . The candidate must be ready to undertake frequent field trips to projects and partner organizations.
The ideal candidate represents the majority of the below mentioned areas:
- At least three to five years of experience preferably with NGOs, companies or missions in the same position;
- Proven experience in logistics and procurement
- Solid understanding of vehicle maintenance;
- High sense of responsibility, reliability and good behavior;
- Experience in long distance travel in different parts of the country;
- Preferably in the possession of a recent (no longer than 3 years) 1 st aid certificate;
- Professional fluency in Amharic and good English skills, Oromiffa an advantage
How to Apply
Applicants send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than two pages) as PDF. Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered. Deadline for application is October 05, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application to be sent to: [email protected]