sequa gGmbH is a globally operating non-profit development organisation. Since 1991 sequa has carried out programmes and projects of international cooperation in close collaboration with the German private sector. sequa offers know-how and long-term experience in capacity development for chambers and associations (BMOs), vocational education and training, private sector development and trade promotion. The organisation is based in Bonn, Germany. sequa employs more than 100 persons (2021) and reported a turnover of EUR 60m in 2021.
We are offering a project-based consultancy assignment as
The Sustainable Industrial Clusters (S.I.C.) project seeks to build capacity of domestic input providers. Suitable companies are assessed and technically assisted to support export linkages with FDIs in Industrial Parks as well as with international buyers outside of Ethiopia. Since business linkages between foreign and domestic firms present a substantial business prospect and impact on the local economy, the development of backward linkages with enterprises outside of IPs is an essential part of Ethiopia ’ s Textile Apparel Sector industrial development, added value creation and supply chain enforcement.
The Project aims at realizing a sustainable domestic and international collaborative structure for the textile value-chain in Ethiopia whether by promoting Ethiopian textile products in export markets or to seek joint venture or co-investment opportunities with international partners. Business linkages will fall under the following categories:
Tier 1: Fabric supply: fabric supply, knitwear, woven fabric, etc;
Tier 2: Accessories (hard and soft), value-adding services (washing, printing, embroideries, dyeing, etc.), subcontracting.
Tier 3: Packaging, machines and equipment, technical production services, quality inspection services, maintenance and production supplies, product development and design services, additives, and production material supply
We are looking for qualified and motivated maintenance technician for Rieter ring frame machine to diagnosis and rectify the technical issue of the machine. The maintenance technician will collaborate very closely with sequa project team and chosen private sector companies in Ethiopia.
Year of manufacturing
Ring frame machine
· Rieter G33+
· Rieter G35
Your Tasks / Responsibilities
- Deeply examine and troubleshoot the technical issue (electronics/ software/mechanical/electromechanical) of ring frame machine
- Identify the root cause for the malfunction of automatic doffing system and other technical issue of ring frame machine (Rieter G33+ and Rieter G35)
- Rectify the technical issue and enable the machine to properly function its operations
- Prepare Bill of Quantity (BoQ) for spare part required (if any)
- Develop preventative maintenance procedures
- Provide training for staffs/workers on maintaining and operating the machine
- Prepare and submit a comprehensive report of the maintenance process including problem diagnoses, problem rectification and ensure machine functionality
Assignment Period Approximately 15 days, depending on personal qualification and needs of the companies, implemented within 6 month (01.06.22- 01.12.22)
Project: G IZ Sustainable Industrial Clusters (SIC) Ethiopia
Commissioned by :Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) of the United Kingdom, German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Lead Executing Agency: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Your Qualification / Skills
- University degree/advance diploma in one of the fields of mechanical, general mechanics, industrial, textile or any other related fields
- Having relevant experience in working with the machine manufacturer (Rieter G33+ and Rieter G35)
- Having all-rounded experiences in repairing software, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic machine parts
- Excellent command of written and spoken in English.
Your Working Experience
- The technician must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in maintenance service of Ring Frame machine
- The technician must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintenance service for Rieter G33+ and Rieter G35 Ring Frame machine
- Diagnosis and finding reports
- Performance/Exit report
- Full functionality of Ring Frame machine
How to Apply
To apply, please send a technical and financial proposal including your resume and/or company profile. In the case of comparable qualifications, disabled persons are given preference for employment.
Please send us your application by no later than May 15 th , 2022 to [email protected] .
Note: Use "Maintenance Technician for Ring frame Machine in Textile Factory" as the subject line of your email!