PRIMARY FUNCTION/PURPOSE :
The Office Assistant will provide logistical and operational support to the IFES-Ethiopia field office.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Ensuring cleanliness and organization of offices
- Ensuring that necessary office supplies are in stock
- Photocopying and filing various documents as directed by supervisor
- Reporting to supervisor maintenance requirements such as light bulb replacements, leaking wash basins, etc.
- Answering calls, greeting visitors and guests
- Setting up for and cleaning up after any meetings or other events held in the office
- Provide excellent levels of guest service, serve coffee, drinks and pastries at meetings
- Running short errands for office staff or consultants as needed
- Providing assistance and support to staff and consultants as requested by supervisor
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision;
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues;
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience, preferably working with international NGOs.
LANGUAGE SKILLS : Proficiency in Amharic and English is required.
TRAVEL : N/A
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT : Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
How to Apply