Presentation of Inter Aide France (IAF) Water Supply project:
IAF has been involved for more than 30 years in Ethiopia and has contributed to the construction of more than 1,500 water points serving around 450,000 users (over 90% of these water points are still functional today).
IAF is today concentrating in 4 Zones of the Southern Region (Gamo, Dawro, Wolayta, Kembata-Tembaro) and aims at increasing the number of functional water points. IAF supports community-based associations to construct durable infrastructures, and to manage and maintain existing infrastructures, in collaboration with governmental Water Offices.
For its project in SNNPR, Inter Aide France Water Supply Program is looking one qualified Operation and Maintenance Manager.
Main duties – under the direct supervision of Inter Aide France Wash Coordinator:
Supporting and Monitoring the Operation and Maintenance Activities in all IAF Wash Program
- Support each Program Officer on strengthening Water User Association Federation (WUAF) and setting up Multi-village Water services
- Monitor the collaboration between Inter Aide France Team and the Woreda Water Office established through specific MoU
Maintain the relation with all Zones stakeholders
- Regular participation to the monthly Woreda Meeting between Inter Aide France Program Officer, Zonal focal and WWO coordinator and experts
- Share IAF strategy and innovations concerning WUAF and multi-village strengthening, operation and maintenance, based on the field reality
- Follow that strategic plans elaborated with IAF and the WWO are well applied
- Collaboration with the partner local NGO
Evaluating and developing the Operation and Maintenance Strategy
- Regular visit and evaluation of WUAF and Multi-Village water structures
- Analyses of data showing the results of the program – monitoring of data collection
- Develop propositions and relevant formats/guidelines/trainings to improve IAF strategy and methodology
- Regular reporting on the advancement of the operation and maintenance part of the project
The position is based in Sodo with at least 15 days/month on the different Zones for visits, meetings and training
Type of employment: on contract base (one year with possible extension)
Qualifications and experience requirement
- MSc in Water Resources Management with strong inclination toward social and field work with at least 5 years of working experience in management of rural water supply programs
- BSc in Water Resources Management with strong inclination toward social and field work with at least 10 years of working experience in management of rural water supply programs
Skills and interest required for all positions:
- Field work (meeting with IAF Team, Governmental stakeholders, community, …)
- Interest in water supply schemes management, operation and maintenance
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point…) with good knowledge on data analyses
- Strong social inclination (knowledge of community based approach, training of community-based associations…)
- Fluent in spoken and written English, Amharic and one of relevant language (Gamogna, Kambatigna or Wolaytigna)
- Motorbike driving license is a plus
How to Apply
Applicants should send the relevant documents (CV, motivation letter, Diploma, graduation, and work certificate) to [email protected] or submit them at IAF Sodo office during working hours before: April 19 th , 2021
NB: only selected candidates will be notified for further interviews.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.