|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency|
|Job Title||:||Programmer Analyst|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Tuesday, June 22, 2021|
|Application Deadline||:||Sunday, June 27, 2021|
Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
Position: Programmer Analyst
- Term of Employment: One Year with possibility of extension
- Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Required Number: One
- Salary & Benefits: Competitive
- Application Deadline: June 27, 2021
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, develop, test, and implement new software programs.
• Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
• Design and update software database. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Web Portals, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces.
• Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
• Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues.
• Accomplishes programming project requirements by coaching programmers.
• Meets programming standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements; implementing new technology.
• Plans programming projects by confirming program objectives and specifications with clients.
• Arranges program specifications by confirming logical sequence and flowcharts, researching and employing established operations.
• Verifies program operation by confirming tests.
• Prepares flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate a sequence of steps the program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
• Converts project specifications, using flowcharts and diagrams, into a sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language processable by computer, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
• Web application and service design, development, and maintenance.
• Designs new applications, databases, and interfaces as requested and assigned.
• Design custom reports and visualizations using report designer tools.
• Strong proficiency with team development tools and code versioning systems.
• Excellent skills in designing and developing multi-tiered web-based systems.
• Strong .Net, J2EE & Spring Framework development experience.
• Strong relational database design/development experience.
• Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design patterns and enterprise.
• architectural design patterns comfortable to work in within both the open-source and licensed context.
• Designs database models and implements them; writes custom SQL queries.
• Integrates application front ends with database back-ends.
• Works with system & database administrators to perform database administration and troubleshooting for server databases.
• Responsible for migration of enterprise systems.
• Responsible for Project management of all development initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
• We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 5 pages) at https://apply.ata.gov.et
• Also, please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application form.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• BSc or MSc in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience with the following skillsets: Analysing Information, Problem Solving, Attention to Detail, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Software Requirements, Software Development Process, Database development and administration and Software support.
• Minimum of 6 years for BSc or 4 years for MSc in software development or application support.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in ERP or other enterprise systems development and support.
• Comfortable in customization tools and Report Studio.
• 3 years minimum end-to-end programming experience, including C#, ASP.Net, MVC, PHP, or Java.
• 3 years minimum experience working with relational database systems such as MSSQL, MySQL, SQL Lite, MongoDB, or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL.
• Comfortable working with open-source technologies.
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
• Knowledge of the open-source ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
• A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git & TFS.
• Familiarity with continuous integration.
• Development experience using known IDE’s which integrate with source code version control system.
• Team development and testing experience using TFS.
• Experience developing and implementing open-source software projects.
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|