Ontex is looking for a Technical Manager
To reinforce our Technical Department, we are looking for a Technical Manager reporting directly to the Plant Manager.
The purpose of the Technical Manager is to provide technical expertise and oversight in the maintenance of the site, manufacturing equipment, spare parts and the troubleshooting of existing production equipment.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY TASKS
- Provide support to the maintenance team and operation team to ensure appropriate technical information systems are set up and maintained to achieve sustained high performance of the plant.
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to production and maintenance in troubleshooting the process and equipment in support of plant goals
- Ensure the development and dissemination of the technical know-how.
- Manage the maintenance of the plant and equipment to support consistent operations, including planning.
- Undertake interactive workplace communications of issues, process changes etc. with the other functional areas, including safety, quality and production.
- Together with procurement department ensure smooth sourcing of both local and import spare parts.
- Together with procurement department, identify and develop external workshops that can provide expert services that our internal workshop cannot provide
- Participate in plant projects including the inputs, and supervision of contractors
- Track and report site projects
- Drive and oversee technical improvements and coordinate activities between external suppliers, overseas plants, production and engineering departments.
- Manage plant utilities effectively to ensure reduced production costs
WORK PLACE AND LINE IMPROVEMENTS
- Identify and raise project opportunities for better energy management, production out improvement, quality improvement and cost reductions
TECHNICAL SKILL DEVELOPMENT OF OTHERS
- Support the training and development of team members by transferring knowledge to key personnel.
- Support and build troubleshooting capability in others.
- Support the development of technical documentation.
- Support the implementation of LEAN initiatives with a focus on development of a visual factory
DOCUMENTATION AND REPORTING
- Ensure all documentation in the engineering department are maintained as required
- Participatie in internal workplace audits
- Ensure that utilities consumption data is collected and reported accurately
- Perform assigned related tasks within the scope of your knowledge, skills, and experience. Such tasks are to be performed to standards which will be specified.
- Following nonconformity material process until getting credit notes or action plans
- Following up urgent deliveries regardless time and keep production running
- Create FG production order based on demand
- Plan demand & production according to forecast requested from relevant departments and ensure that our products reach our customers on time, at the right quantity
- Prepare and present daily, weekly, monthly reports
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from recognized university
- Min 5 years’ experience in a managerial position in manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills both in Amharic and English.
- Ability to communicate across a broad range of technical disciplines
- Strategic thinker
- Project management experience
How to Apply