Julphar Pharmaceuticals PLC is a joint venture between Gulf Pharmaceuticals Industries (Julphar) U.A.E and MEDTECH Ethiopia which is involved in the manufacturing of LIFE SAVING Drugs for the local Ethiopian market use as well as for export. Julphar is looking for new candidates who can join a work team with big ambitions, potentials and commitment to improve the quality of life for our end customers.
Job Summary/Main Purpose
Makes entries; posts to control and subsidiary ledgers; reconciles bank statements; maintains accounting and budgetary records; checks transactions. Perform monthly end close related activities and cost analysis activity of production cost versus standard cost.
Participates and ensures the systematic recording of financial transactions and maintenance of accounting records in safe custody; ensures that collections are deposited in banks on time.
Ensures that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in conformance with accepted accounting principles (IFRS), standards and pertinent governing rules and regulations;
Checks and ensures timely reconciliation of bank statements, assist prepares interim (monthly or quarterly) and annual financial statements;
Ensures that the maintenance of capital assets and calculations of depreciations are performed as per the rates established in the accounting manual.
Assist with liaises with all accounting sections for keeping the chart of accounts up dated as well as revision of accounting systems and procedures.
Coordinates and processes proposals for write-off.
- Controls the utilization of approved budgets; assist on budget preparation and cost analysis; examines reports on excess utilization of allocated budget, makes adjustments and recommends actions to be taken.
- Prepare costing for finished goods & GIT received from foreign & local.
- Provides professional advice to subordinates, answers inquiries regarding accounting policies, systems and procedures.
- Planning, study and analysis of cost structure
- Construct, develop and maintain data accumulation system for cost
- Preparation of briefing notes for assumption used in costing practices
- Complete monthly cost variance analysis and prepare monthly report as required
- Create, implement and monitor cost for new item
- Work with Finance Manager and others group to produce and implement cost manual and procedure
- Carry out financial analysis and investigation on cost to improve performance and support new opportunities
- Assist service review process with cost intelligence
- Design and deliver cost preparation for both internal and external uses
- Reconcile fixed asset record against physical count.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and Finance
Minimum relevant experience
- At least 5 year of experience in Accounting & Finance (Experience in manufacturing industry is advantageous)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening and persuasive skills
- Ambitious, dynamic & team player.
- Dedicated and self – motivated.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be willing to learn.
- Has positive mind-set.
- Give attention to details
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements are requested to submit their credentials at the company’s head office located near Yerer, Jakros Real Estate Compound, around Ambassador Textile Factory till August 28, 2020 during office hours or through [email protected] . For further information please contact HR department via [email protected] or 0116-67 03 55/31.