Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded
About the Position
Dexis is seeking a Senior Grants Manager to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia.
The Senior Grants Manager will provide overall management of the project’s grants program adherence to compliance, both for in-kind and cash grants, to ensure the successful achievement of project goals and objectives. This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with an immediate start date.
USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Analyze grant budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency.
- Oversee the grant lifecycle and support grantees, including monitoring grant implementation, closeout, and expenditures; training grantees; and ensuring that technical staff and grantees understand and adhere to grants requirements and relevant policies, procedures, and practices.
- Supervise Grants Team.
- Review grantee selection to ensure they match project objectives and negotiate grant agreements.
- Record grant activity updates and documentation in grants database. Conduct pre-award risk assessment of potential grantees and monitor grant implementation post award.
- Ensure timely preparation of necessary documentation for grant evaluation and approvals.
- Ensure timely maintenance of necessary trackers, including ensuring that the OTI Anywhere activity database is updated on a daily basis, to manage, monitor, and ensure successful grant implementation in coordination with the Operations Manager
- Lead daily updates on grants status.
- Identify issues that may arise during grant implementation in a timely manner and propose appropriate adjustments.
- Ensure that grants reports are prepared in compliance with USAID and Dexis’ requirements and are submitted on time and in the proper format.
- Provide Senior Program Development Officer and Program Development Officers technical assistance prior to and throughout grant implementation.
- Display creative problem solving in addressing and resolving emerging project needs.
- Manage activity implementation and support grantees, including ensuring compliance and adherence with grants management policies, procedures, and practices.
- Manage grant process, lead daily updates on grants status.
- Manage all grant agreements, activity, and short-term technical assistant (STTA) agreements.
- Ensure activity compliance to Dexis, USAID, and FAR rules and regulations.
- Perform all other relevant duties that may be needed to ensure the overall efficient implementation of USAID’s project.
- Any other duties assigned by the Chief of Party (COP) or COP’s designee.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant grants management experience, preferably for USAID or other donor-funded programs.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience supervising staff and managing a team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Displays creative problem solving in addressing and resolving emerging project needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and other basic computer applications.
- Experience living and working in Ethiopia.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
- Experience with USAID contract and grants management policies.
- Familiarity with FAR rules and regulations.
- Advanced degree preferred.
How to Apply
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application via :
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.