MassDel is a services marketplace on a mission to disrupt the delivery and services market by seamlessly connecting service seekers and providers through an innovative technology platform. It is currently preparing to launch two technology platforms in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
MassDel is currently looking for outstanding software engineers. The software engineer will be collaborating with team members (engineering, product, and operations) to build and release features/products to market at a fast pace.
- Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features
- Develop information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions to meet customer needs.
- Create and implement the source code of new applications.
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Breakdown a feature into releasable chunks, estimate release schedule, and work on the feature with other team members
- Contribute to the architectural and design decisions the software engineers’ team makes and be able to articulate the impact of those decisions
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Evaluate existing applications and perform updates and modifications.
- Develop technical handbooks to represent the design and code of new applications.
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- Modify software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Work with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Work collaboratively with team to receive and respond to project requests
- Research potential programming needs and required programming languages
- Customize existing code to ensure efficiency and functionality
- Accurately document programming and code changes
- B.Sc/BA degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related fields
- CGPA of at least 3.25 (out of possible 4)
- Outstanding or exceptional ability and skills in programming
- Have a thorough understanding of databases, operating systems, data structures, algorithms, and complexity trade-offs
- Have an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail.
- Always eager to understand and solve impactful business problems
- A great collaborator with both technical and non-technical team members
- Solid technical backgrounds and the ability to translate strategies into technological solutions
- A person who is passionate about his/her field and is more likely to contribute fresh ideas.
- Derive actionable insights from the data that an organization generates.
- Combine strong troubleshooting skills with an ability to explain technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Experience in software development advantageous
- Technical background in backing up and recovering data, upgrading servers and installing applications is advantageous
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above minimum requirements can send their applications, resume, and non-returnable photocopies of their credentials, including diploma and student copy (if available), and others to: [email protected] or [email protected] . All applications should be received within 10 calendar days of this advertisement . Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.