DEREJA MOBILE APPLICATION PROJECT
Dereja.com is a business unit of Info Mind Solution (Ethiojobs) that works towards tackling the youth unemployment problem in Ethiopia by bridging the gap between the labor and the job market. For the past three years, Dereja has been serving as a bridge by working with several universities and TVET colleges in Ethiopia on capacitating graduating students on their employability skills, organized several Job fairs and have been a pioneer on establishing career centers across Ethiopian Universities. Through its experience of working with the youth, Dereja’s vision is to become a leader in providing implementable innovative solutions to tackle the youth unemployment problem in Ethiopia.
The “ Dereja Mobile Application development” project aims to develop an application that is functional on both android and IOS which enhances the accessibility of Dereja’s support for fresh graduates entering the labor force and starting their career on the right path. The application is intended to provide better user experience, more functionalities, fast, secure, reliable services with the ability to track the employment status for candidates and that can support both the Dereja team and over 200,000 fresh graduates every year.
Scope of the Assignment
The mobile application developer will work closely with the Dereja and various other stakeholders involved in the project on any of the assignments related to the project.
The mobile application developer will undertake the following, but not limited to:
Working on the Dereja mobile application development
- Allow users enroll to courses access to events, articles
- Allow job seekers access to jobs Applying for jobs
- Application with a custom application form.
- Fast and optimized application with a maintenance mode and a default page.
- Account creating, profile building and edit with CV generating functionality
- Employment status tracking system both from both the candidate
- Option to for users to see company profile and detail.
- Customization on Dereja website so administrator post and manage push notifications form the website.
- Push notifications of job recommendations, courses, articles, events, and Encouraging messages to users to complete filling their profile and necessary fields and update their employment status.
Designing user interface and the user experience (UI/UX)
- Develop and design a set of user interfaces (UI) based on a human centered design
- User friendly design with simple, intuitive and easily navigable UI.
- Having ensured that the UI has an appealing feel and look
- Utilise various tools to gather and analyse users behaviours and provide page layouts, menu arrangement, content delivery and additional features to users’ experiences.
- Secured and reliable authentication.
Undertaking a user acceptance testing, training, and support and maintenance
- Undertake various end user’s acceptance testing on the mobile application developed ensuring the application is delivered according to requirements.
- Prepare training manuals and end-users guides and deliver training to end users
- Monitor the functioning the system ensuring availability for a proper service
Implement any other related assignments that may arise during the project implementation phase
Objective of the Assignment
As Dereja’s aim is to provide solutions to youth unemployment by implementing innovative and effective methods to improve the socioeconomic well-being across the nation, developing a mobile app functional both on android and IOS is mandatory in addition to the Dereja.com website to support the employment tracking system.
The purpose of the project is to develop an application for fresh graduate job seekers which allows to create an account, build and edit profile, generate CV, browse and apply for jobs, enroll to courses, access events and articles. Simultaneously the app should provide user a friendly interface for the administrator to post jobs, manage and set periodical push notifications of events, courses and articles.
The application should also be fast, optimized and have a maintenance mode and default page offline pages.
- Wire-frame of the application
- High fidelity design of the application UI/UX and the full prototype
- Finished mobile applications, with integrated feedback from field testing
- The evaluation of the proposals will be based on the Combined Quality and Cost Based Selection (CQCBS) method, 70% will be technical and 30% financial.
- The full tested product should be delivered in a timely manner before 15 July 2022.
The ideal vendor should have strong experience in Mobile Application Development and the necessary programming, and framework knowledge.
- Progressive experience of working in the development of mobile applications.
- Good skill of UI/UX design with and practical experience on prototype software for mobile developments.
- Capacity to convert design into real product and knowledge of necessary programming knowledge and latest frameworks.
- Capacity to understand user need and organizational culture and to meet user and organization requirement.
- Knowledge, understanding and ability of working in and managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven track record of developing successful mobile applications.
- Strong knowledge in iOS and Android SDK.
- Familiarity with current mobile application trends and security protocols.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Mobile Application Development and Management.
How to Apply
Submission of the Proposal
Info Mind Solutions (IMS) invites the submission of separate technical and financial proposal based on this ToR before June 1 st , 2022 using the email address [email protected]
Note: Use "Terms of Reference for Dereja Mobile Application Development Project" as the subject line of your email !