Roles and Responsibilities.
- Incorporate participatory principles into community-level awareness raising sessions on COVID-19 virus transmission prevention, rights of person with disability, hygiene and sanitation promotion,
- Organize and deliver community awareness raising events as determined by project objectives on COVID-19 transmission and prevention as well as hygiene/sanitation promotion.
- In collaboration with community leaders and Kebele officials, mobilize community to identify their internal capacity to respond to protection risks locally.
- Based on set targeting criterion by the project, conduct targeting of beneficiaries for non-food item distribution, organize list of beneficiaries.
- Prepare distribution plan and conduct the distribution in timely manner.
- Compile the distribution database and report to Senior Protection Team-Leader and logistics officer.
- Promote and motivate inclusive participation of the community in all project activities.
- Carry out community mobilization and assist the team in capacity building activities with community members, and maintain strong community relationships.
- Ensure proper documentation of the project, including data collected, disaggregation beneficiary list (disability, age and gender, etc), distribution list lessons and share to the Senior Protection Team-Leader and Logistics officer when required;
- Ensure respect of HI’s policies as well as their implementation at all levels in project locations;
- Report immediately any concern, incident to the PM/PD related to child protection and safeguarding and PSEA;
- Education & Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or Social Work
- Minimum of 2 years NGO experience in community mobilization and targeting beneficiaries.
- Knowledge of local language is MUST .
- Experience and knowledge in facilitating community consultation. Knowledge of community capacity building.
- Basic computer literacy (Word and Excel).
- Ability to work in remote areas of Kamashi zone.
- Disability, age and gender age sensitive.
- High degree of confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with teams and develop team spirit.
- Diligence and attention to detail.
- Never been convicted, free from khat , smoking, alcohol and substance abuse addictions.
Knowledge of working area language is mandatory .
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should fill in the attached application form and submit it with a 1 page motivation letter specifying your duty station preference and email it at [email protected] or through ethiojobs on or before the above mentioned deadline.
Please clearly state the position you apply in the subject line of your email otherwise rejected automatically. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for exam/interview no phone calls please.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting child protection and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position involves working with beneficiaries and is subject to strict safer recruitment checks. The successful candidate will be required to complete a police check and sign self-declaration form to help us verify your suitability to work with children including checks with past employers.Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes women and persons with disabilities to apply.