KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· . In close collaboration with Education Program Manager the post holder will ensure effective implementation of project construction works (construction of primary schools, latrines and school WASH facility).
· Take the lead in monitoring the construction work and give regular updates.
· Give technical support to contractors during the construction process.
· Ensure that the construction work is implemented in line with the construction design and drawing.
· Ensure that the project construction work is done in line with SCI construction standards and quality
· Give regular update to the education program manager on the status of the construction work and alert it if there is any delay from the contractor side.
· Check whether the contractor has done the work as per the agreed plan and closely work with education program manager in releasing the construction payment as per the entitled payment.
· Fulfill other task assigned to your line manager.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary capacity to improve performance and applying appropriate measures when results are not achieved.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for himself/herself (and their team).
· Takes responsibility for his/her own personal actions and encourages others to do the same.
· Widely shares his/her personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, his/her team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc Degree in civil engineering or related field and over 3 years of relevant experience in Construction work.
· Experience in an international NGO or similar organization.
· Good technical knowledge of policy and practice in the field of construction and contract management as well as other cross cutting issues
· A good understanding of development issues and the policy context in the operational areas and Ethiopia generally.
· Experience in working the construction of schools, latrines and school wash facility.
· Computer literate in word processing and excel packages.
Understanding of child rights and their protection and fulfilment in the development context
- Awareness of international accountability standards including HAP (Humanitarian Accountability Partnership) and a demonstrated commitment to promoting these standards in ways of working and project implementation.
- Experience of working with an international NGO especially in refugee context.
- Experience in managing and supervising the construction of primary schools, latrines and school Wash facilities.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en