The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Data Administrator (6 months fixed term contract) based in Addis Ababa.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the line manager in carrying out RFL activities and is responsible for the management of “non-sensitive” individual data resulted from the tracing activities in Ethiopia.
- Is the administrator for a métier IT tool
- Carries out data processing; applies and updates data-entry procedures
- Ensures that there is a good quality data-management system by carrying out data controls
- Contributes actively to the daily organization of the métier office
- Contributes to the protection and security of individuals’ personal data
- Provides analytics on PFL activities for external reporting
- Contribute to the Ethiopian delegation’s response to the CTA Data Breach gathering/analyzing information related to the affected caseloads (ICRC & ERCS) and its organization/update in Prot6 and FLA, to then inform related beneficiaries according to the established follow up guidelines.
- Review all the information contained in the physical files, the STM, and SFE to compare it with the information available in Prot6 and FLA for ERCS according to the check list provided by the delegation;
- If information is missing in the physical files, print the missing elements to complete the physical files;
- If information is missing in Prot6, record the proper follow up according to Prot6 guidelines;
- Encode all the relevant information on informing the beneficiaries in Prot6;
- Support in notifying affected populations as needed;
- Liaise with the RFL delegate to determine to follow up to bring to each case and ensure the case is properly transmitted to the person in charge.
- Ensure that there is a good quality data-management system by carrying out data controls
- Maintains a proper filing system (Individual files), ensures that no individual cases are misplaced or lost.
- Focal point for providing statistical overviews and other analysis as requested.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should Submit the following through only ethiojobs.net website.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- A cover letter stating the location of the position and why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications.
- Salary expectations.
Closing date: April 8, 2022
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.