Senior Accountant Ad
We are looking for an experienced senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
• Analyse financial information and summarise financial status
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
• Provide technical support and advice on Management accountant
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
• Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
• Provide input into department’s goal setting process
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
• Assist with tax audits and tax returns
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
• Plan, assign and review staff’s work
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
• Liaise with our Financial manager and Accounting manager to improve financial procedures
• Proven experience as a financial controller, accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant
• Proven experience or knowledge in the Australian taxation system would be an advantage but not a must.
• senior accountant that has been practising in their own country like Zimbabwe for a number of years.
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Awareness of business trends
• Familiarity with financial accounting statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
• Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like Fresh-books and Quick-books
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
• Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
If you don’t have experience in some of these listed above, then you can learn and have on the job learning.
This work is a long-term / full-time job. You should be able to work 8-12 hours a day through Sydney Clock (UTC + 10) and he/she must have a fast and reliable Internet connection
Candidates must be able to work without any obstacles during working hours.
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to [email protected]