Purpose of the job
The Legal Manager is responsible for overseeing the legal matters of BGI Ethiopia and subsidiaries in Ethiopia.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Provide updates on all changes to laws and regulations within the Country
- To support in the drafting, reviewing, negotiation, and finalization of legal documents
- Ensure that the company carries its commercial activities in full compliance with internal (Group) policies, codes, and guidelines,
- Ensure that the Company and its subsidiaries comply with the Corporate regulations in the Country.
- Giving legal advice on all matters requested by the company’s management.
- Overseeing the contract drafting and review process.
- Ensure that regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated;
- Prepare and lodge reports with relevant regulatory and compliance authorities;
- Liase with external regulators
- Collaborate with public authorities for the proper introduction of regulatory standards and facilitate discussions;
- Periodically review risks to ensure identification of legal and regulatory risks to all commercial teams and design plans to avoid these;
- Undertake such other legal tasks as assigned by the Company.
- The role is largely office-based, but frequent travel to sites will be necessary.
- In depth knowledge of the laws regulating the brewery sector
- Expert knowledge of professional compliance and investigation standards; and ability to apply policy and legal concepts to issues.
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to share information and build consensus across stakeholders.
- Ability to supervise support and professional analyses functions for compliance and ethics programs.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility with stakeholders and senior management.
- Knowledge of the Group’s ethics and compliance policies, procedures, and programs.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a large corporate or centralized institutional legal office.
- Knowledge of legal documentation procedures and requirements.
- Ability to develop and implement legal strategies and solutions.
Expected Education and Experience
- Learned Law Bachelor
- 6 years of experience of work preferably in a law office.
How to ApplyQualified candidates should submit your application only through [email protected]