IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org .
The Investment Climate Advisory Program of WBG/IFC is designed to strengthen Ethiopia's capacity to create an enabling environment for private sector development. It aims to do this by building the capacity of relevant government institutions to create and implement effective institutional frameworks and systems that support private sector development. The program supports evidence-based dialogue, policy and regulatory review and reforms, and greater public-private partnerships.
IFC is currently implementing Phase II of Ethiopia’s Investment Climate Program (2019-2023) covering Investment Policy and Promotion, Doing Business Reform, Subnational Investment Climate, Trade Facilitation and Tourism Sector Competitiveness.
IFC is recruiting a private sector Specialist who can lead multiple ongoing projects, support new business development efforts and manage stakeholder engagements in the area of investment climate improvement and market creation.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- The candidate will be TTL for multiple investment climate projects – Investment Policy and Promotion, Doing Business Reform and Tourism Sector Advisory. In particular, the candidate will:
- Lead effective implementation of the above stated projects on the ground with guidance and supervision from management;
- Lead client engagement and relationship management on the ground to ensure high client satisfaction and IFC relevance with ongoing advisory engagements;
- Effectively coordinate and collaborate with global product specialists and experts for high-quality output and outcomes;
- Form and manage successful team on the ground for smooth operation of project activities including selection and recruitment of STCs, firms etc;
- Regularly report on project progress to management, donors and other stakeholders – deliver timely and high-quality project supervision reports every six months;
- Work with results measurement team to ensure project progress, reforms and lessons are captured in a timely manner;
- Work with financial management team to ensure project budget is updated and well managed;
- Constantly scan the investment climate and reform opportunities in the country and beyond to allow development of new engagements and optimize opportunities on existing work.
- The candidate is expected to lead stakeholder engagements and coordination in the areas of investment climate and represent IFC Unit’s work on the ground. In particular, the candidate will:
- Manage donor relationship on the ground, representing her/his Unit, including the Multi-donor Initiative platform and beyond;
- Collaborate with various teams in IFC including industry, upstream and investment teams for optimization of investment climate reform impact;
- Lead collaborations with relevant engagements of the WB. This includes, for example, collaborating in the identification of Investment Climate-related prior actions for DPOs and supporting their implementation;
- Create and manage relationship with broader stakeholder groups, both public and private for improved investment climate.