This Senior Finance Manager is a member of the management team of the Ipas Ethiopia Office and provides strategic leadership and support in the areas of accounting, donor and government reporting, budgeting, financial reporting and analysis. This position also has a dotted reporting line to the North Carolina Regional Finance team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Providing leadership, direction and management to the Ethiopia finance team.
2. Manage financial controls and accounting procedures and implement operational best practices
3. Managing the processes of financial forecasting and budgets (AOB), and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
4. Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner to the other members of the senior management team of Ethiopia.
5. Providing strategic recommendations to the CD and members of the executive management team
6. Assisting the country in developing new project proposals.
7. Establishing and developing relations with senior managementand relevant external partners/stakeholders.
8. Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained and donor and government guide lines are followed and respected.
9. Ensure statutory, legal and donor compliance.
10. Manage the process of annual audit and any donor audit, as needed.
1.Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance with more than 10 years of relevant work experience required.
2. Professional accounting certification preferred
3. Proficient in accounting standards and systems
4. Experience of managing large grant and bilateral government funding
5. Demonstrated strong computer skills required, experience with financial databases a plus
6. Non-profit and fund accounting experience with demonstrated experience of Budget V/s Expense analysis, dissemination of findings to management team and suggesting corrective actions
7. Detail oriented
8. Well organized, efficient, ability to multi task in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
9. Excellent communication skills. Proficiency in English.
10. Ability to manage a strong relationship with external stake holders mainly donors, government counterparts and other external counterparts.
11. Ability to take on support and nurturing profile and interested in mentoring, guiding and supporting teams in effective delivery
of their own outputs
12. Ability to handle high level of work pressure.
13. High level of integrity and ability to work in a diverse environment with prior experience of interacting with senior leadership of an
organization on strategic matters.
How to Apply
Note: Ipas management reserves the right to modify the contents of this position description at any time.
Please send CV and application within 15 days from the day of announcement to the following address or hand-deliver to our office:
Micky Leland Street (22 Mazoria), Behind Yeshi Buna
Tel: 011 663 3379/ 011 662 6311
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, P. O. Box 63001 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
N.B. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Ipas is an Equal Opportunity Employer