Position Title: Accountant- RISE
Department/Program: Finance Operations
Reports to: Accounting, Accounts Payable Coordinator
Based in: Addis Ababa
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI/Ethiopia staff benefits.
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a self-motivated, organized and Credible Accountant to enhance financial decision making related with account payables by (i) reviewing and processing financial data; (ii) preparing required financial reports and statements in an accurate and timely manner; and (iii) ensuring accurate and timely processing of payment obligations of the organization.
Key Result Areas:
- Accurate financial transactions
- Proper financial recording
- Timely reporting
- Performing payments
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check all transactions and decisions are supported by proper documentation and authorization prior to payment.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
- Track, process and reconcile payments and expenditures, including purchase orders, vendor invoices, statements, checks, refund requisitions etc., in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Follow standard payment process and report generation procedures in compliance with the service level agreement.
- Ensure correct approval, sorting, coding, transaction entry to QBE and matching of invoices.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with the organization’s policy and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
- Reconcile reports by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
Generic Duties of the Position:
- Assist immediate supervisor in preparation and implementation of work plans, budgets and schedules.
- Prepare, communicate and implement weekly and daily work schedules for his or her section.
- Coordinate and supervise daily operations and service delivery within his or her section.
- Provide support to immediate supervisor in all matters related to the management and supervision of subordinates, operations and resources within his or her section.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with five (4) years of demonstrated and relevant experience in accounting process and/or finance operation or practices.
How to Apply
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form . It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline February 21, 2020 We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.