Beza posterity development organization /BPDO/ is an indigenous, non-profit making, non-governmental humanitarian organization working on sexual reproductive health, HIV AIDS and STIs prevention, care and support, improving the socio-economic wellbeing of women and girls, environmental protection, youth leadership and employment.
BPDO has entered a project agreement with USAID to implement activities entitled Community based HIV Prevention care and treatment in the selected Woredas of Amhara and Addis Ababa regional states with major focus on test and treat and community ART service.
Duration of employment: one year with possibility of extension
The Finance & Administration Officer will be responsible for all financial and related administrative matters, and will report to, and work closely with, Area manager and Head office Admin and Finance team
Major Duties and responsibilities
· Establish and maintain cash controls including deposits and donations
· Maintaining accounts general ledgers.
· Prepare and processing monthly payroll of the project.
· Management of cash flow and preparation of monthly cash flow projections.
· Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual report and submit to Head office Finance Department.
- Cash management (including placement/movement of funds in various accounts) classified by donors.
- Maintains organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
· Prepares trial balance and other financial statements for management team monthly
· Performs the daily accounting activities required to maintain the organizations budget, receipts of income and expenditure according to the financial manual.
- Under the supervision and direction of the Grant and finance manager, she/he works including, but not limited to, cash reconciliations, account statement reconciliations, check runs, accounts receivable transactions, payroll, accounts payable transactions.
- Prepares financial reports according to the reporting requirement of Donors quarterly & annually;
· Resolves complex accounting issues or assists other BPDO personnel in resolving financial
· Ensuring preparation of payroll, income tax and monthly payroll reconciliation & timely payment of pension, income tax, withholding payments
· Maintaining Fixed Asset register.
· Development and implementation of relevant financial policies and procedures, in consultation with the Head Office Admin and Finance team.
· Representing Rowing Ireland in a positive and professional manner, which promotes the vision, mission and strategic priorities of the organization.
- Ensure the maintenance of attendance register in office and also confirm staff attendance level in the field.
- Checked all transactions are recorded in their separate donor accounts
- Responsible to supervise the work, related to purchase of furniture, office equipment, computers, vehicles/motorbikes/bicycles, air conditioner and miscellaneous.
- Responsible to negotiate services agreements with vendors.
· Submit staff time sheets for payroll processing
· Make sure that Log sheet is properly filled and signed.
· Prepare monthly vehicle report at the end of every month
· Conduct periodic inventory for Fixed assets of BPDO
· Follow & reconcile the record of stock card with bin card
· Prepare procurement plan for the year
· Carry out annual performance appraisals for the subordinate staffs and provide comments.
Qualification, experiences, Essential Skills and Abilities
· Minimum 6/4 years in financial and administration management at comparative level.
· At least bachelor’s degree or preferably master’s degree in Accounting and Finance, business administration
· Strong financial and manpower management skills specially USAID Grant and Financial management activities.
· Fluent English with excellent writing and verbal communication skills
· Excellent Excel skills
· Strong organizational and leadership skills
· Able to operate at high level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team-spirit
· Pro-active and solutions oriented
· Ability to work under time pressure
· Having Knowledge of Accounting soft wares like Peachtree Accounting and others
How to Apply
Mode of application: Interested applicants fulfilling the above requirements are requested to submit their application with full details of qualifications and experience to submit in person at Beza Posterity Development Organization Kombolcha Head office or p.o.box 115 or through email email@example.com or directly to ethiojobs .net for further information call at 0335514203/1643.