Responsible to check daily financial payments in line with organizational policies and · procedures by giving due attention to authorization level and budget codes.
- Coordinate with other team members to complete financial requirements for Action plans and prepare reports for relevant parties such as Government, Concern and Donors as necessary.
- Undertaking other standard financial requirements such as weekly cash count, surprise cash count, checking payroll, undertaking random checks on purchase prices and preparing cash flow requests.
- Prepare and Check monthly financial report
- Ensure adequate fund/cash held in programme for planned activities
- Ensure the following deadlines are adhered
- – Monthly cash books and bank books
- – Cash requests from the fields
- – Cash transfers to fields and others
- Responsible to fill the gaps when cashier is on annual leave
- Adhere to the necessary accounting, documentation and reporting procedures required for the purchase of items based on purchases/procurement procedure, if any.
- Ensuring close collaboration and communication with Finance and HR departments at HO to facilitate and smoothen consistent running of the programme
- Work closely and provide technical support to the Cashier
- Check and review the external work done before any payment is effective
- Review and check monthly staffs’ payroll before the payment is effected
Transport & Logistics Responsibilities
- Understand and adhere to the rules and regulations of (Transport, Procurement and warehouse policy) laid down by Concern worldwide- Ethiopia. If these regulations are not clear bring it to the attention of your line manager.
- Make sure office vehicles are serviced periodically as per Concern and manufacturer’s maintenance guideline and insure all repair and maintenance are as per Concern Ethiopia vehicles maintenance guideline.
- Check and review office` vehicles repair and spare part bills and make sure the invoices are in accordance with the agreement before payment is effect.
- Collect daily and weekly transport plan from the users and organise the transport in cost effective way.
- Monitor office and rented vehicles daily movement and ensure that resources are effectively used for Concern interest only.
- Collect monthly log sheet for office and rented vehicles and evaluate each vehicle’s fuel consumption.
- Produce monthly transport report with all formations like: Maintenance cost, fuel consumption, availability, utilization, accident/incident and need satisfaction.
- In case of accidents follow up necessary procedures (insurance company, traffic police, lawyer, reporting, visiting scene, etc)
- Make sure all the procurement processes are as per Concern Worldwide-Ethiopia and Donors procurement guideline.
- Make sure all purchase` files are maintained as per Concern Worldwide –Ethiopia Finance, Procurement and Store guideline.
- Update regularly SRTS (Supplies request tracking sheet) and liaised with HO Logistics unit for program’s SR progress.
- Maintain good stock records systems and make sure all relevant information are shown on the stock and bin cards as per Concern and donor’s guideline.
- Produce monthly consolidate stock report and check/inventory process is undertaken at all-time in accordance with Concern Worldwide- Ethiopia inventory guidelines.
- Make sure fixed assets in all office are updated and tagged as per Concern Ethiopia and Donors asset management guideline.
- Make sure all agreements like; vehicles maintenance, spare part and office rent are timely renewed.
- Monitor logbooks and vehicles charge out sheet of Drivers on a weekly basis ensuring that they are filled in properly fuel usage, KM analysis
HR & Admin Responsibilities
- Maintain and update personnel files of all staff at the project, including all documentation as required in line with Concern HR Manual guidelines. Manage and record staffs’ annual leave roster and ensure all annual leave is used within the current year. Record and manage all staff related leaves such as Compensatory Time Offs, sick leaves as per Concern’s HR Manual.
- Manage and address all staff personal issues following the Concern HR Manual guidelines
- Prepare HR report
- Provide the necessary materials and equipment to project staff for their day to day activities
- Receive, screen, log and route programme-related correspondences and maintain an effective follow-up system
- Monitor and follow-up on the performance (PDR) of all staff working in the Sub-office.
- Maintain high standard of Health and Safety within the working environment.
- Maintain good working relationships in the workplace.
- Perform other duties assigned by line manager
- Perform other duties assigned by the line manager for the accomplishment of programme objectives.
- Concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and the Ethiopia Programme is to respond, all staff are required to actively participate in the response, regardless of location and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
- Demonstrate understanding of Concern Ethiopia’s Gender Equality Strategy
- Contribute to ensuring that Concern Ethiopia is a place where men and women are treated equally and with dignity and respect
Demonstrate gender equality awareness and gender sensitivity and an ability to integrate a gender equality perspective into tasks and activities.
- BA Degree or College Diploma in accounting, management and related field of studies with minimum of three years or five years relevant experience respectively
- Profound experience in finance, administration, logistics and HR Management
- Computer literate
- NGO experience in emergency projects is an advantage
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
- Good interpersonal skills and team player with sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer proficiency
What we offer
- A competitive salary and benefit package
- Excellent medical benefits (100% cover including dependents)
- 20 days annual leave
- 26 weeks (paid) maternity leave, 18 weeks (unpaid) parental leave
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Human Resource Department P.O. Box 2434, Addis Ababa.
Apply in person at our Office in Addis Ababa Yeka Sub City in front of Shola Market
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern’s Code of Conduct (CCoC) and its associated policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy, the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, contractors, visitors to the programme and partner organisations, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for and maintain the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Concern’s Code of Conduct and its associated policies have been appended to your Contract for your signature. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct you demonstrate that you have understood their content and agree to conduct yourself in accordance with the provisions of these two documents. A breach of this policy will result in disciplinary action up to, and including, dismissal.
Women are highly encouraged to apply