|Job Listing Detail|
· Help us end avoidable blindness in Ethiopia
· Assist us to strengthen local health systems
· A new country strategy built on true partnerships
· Leading International Development Organisation in the area of eye health
· 1 position based in Addis
The Fred Hollows Foundation is one of Australia’s most respected and trusted international development organisations whose vision is to end avoidable blindness and ensure the work of Fred Hollows lives on.
Ethiopia is one of The Foundations largest funded programs, focused on the Elimination of Trachoma. Up until now our program has focused on the complex and direct delivery of services to help those in need. With strong foundations in place, we are now looking to enter into a new phase of our programming building on the work that we have already done.
In line with the priorities of the New Global Strategy, the next phase of our program will see us moving towards a system strengthening approach ensuring the work that we do, is sustainable and integrated within the local health systems. Moving forward we will focus on the following key areas;
· Support and Strengthen the health systems – integrating trachoma into broader eye health services
· New Comprehensive Eye Care Programs (cataract, diabetic retinopathy, Uncorrected Refractive Error (URE) and trachoma)
· Sustainability – through increased investment and support we will work hand in hand with local governments
About the Position
Reporting to the Head of Finance & Operations, the Administration Officer will play a key role in streamlining The Fred Hollows Foundation Ethiopia workflows serving as the link between various departments, employees, and vendors.
Specific responsibilities include:
· General administrative, and executive support tasks.
· Coordinate the use and organization of office space
· Provide administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms and reports, arranging meetings, composing regular correspondence, processing confidential reports and documents, filing electronic and hard copy, tracking deadlines, and taking down minutes as needed.Oversee and manage outsourced services (IT, cleaning and security contracts)
· Oversee facility management and maintenance (office, warehouse and vehicle rent, office cleaning, vehicle maintenance etc
· Oversee timely renewal of property leases and agreements.
· Organizing conferences and organization’s events
· Assist in the preparation of the Admin budgets.
· Oversee inventory of office stationery, office supplies & equipment & update stocks control list.
· Support staff on basic IT requirements to ensure that work is not interrupted.
· Provide workshop logistics, setting up of workshop venues and travel arrangements for FHF staff and visitors
· Oversee all the office logistical support which includes; flight reservations, accommodation reservations, visa processing etc.
· Manage requests for office drivers for FHFE staff during field work road trips.
· Maintain and update database for accommodation and vehicle hiring companies in Addis and FHFE program areas.
· Operate office machinery such as computers, photocopiers, and printers; perform light maintenance and troubleshooting
To be successful in this role, we are seeking someone with the following experience and skills.
- 5 years and above experience in administrative support roles or office management.
- BA degree in Management, Business Administration or equivalent required.
- Experience working in a busy NGO or corporate set up.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices