- Company: International Rescue Committee – IRC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: - Adi-HarushMy'ayni
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Social Science/Community
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recover of livelihood of disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
The Adolescent Girls Programming Officer will be primarily responsible for supporting all aspects of Adolescent Girls programming in Shire IDP sites. In addition he/she is responsible to supports a project designed to equip adolescent girls in Adi Harush and Mai Ayni refugee camp with the skills and experiences necessary to make healthy, strategic life choices as well as promote the safety, prevention of and response to violence against adolescent girls.
- Participate in assessments, and contribute to the overall intervention strategy based on feedback received from girls throughout the AG programming;
- Strictly adhere to GBV guiding principle while engaging with AG and their parents/care givers;
- Supervise and capacitate mentors formally and informally to provide quality life skill sessions through training, daily mentoring, weekly meeting, and applying regular knowledge and skills assessment tools;
- In collaboration with implementing partners and community leaders, develop a selection criteria of adolescent girls to engage them in life skill curriculum sessions;
- Support in contextualization and adaptation of Girl Shine Curriculum into the local community context;
- Conduct Adolescent Girls Programming related capacity building trainings for mentors, community leaders, implementing partners and parents/care givers;
- Directly engage with adolescent girls and parents as required, and work with mentors to ensure the quality of the program;
- Coordinate with ARRA and UNHCR when there is a need to provide case management service for adolescent girls;
- Develop monthly and weekly activity plans for mentors;
- Monitor supply and logistical needs of AG safe space and ensure adherence to all relevant IRC logistic policies;
- Build a relationship with all relevant GBV program stakeholders, community leaders, and parents/care givers in the camp and local community to encourage greater communication, collaboration and coordination;
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation activities including in assessments and surveys.
- First degree with 2 years of experience in Social Work, Sociology, Public Health, Women’s Studies, or any other Social science related field. Or diploma with 5 years of experience. 1 years of relevant experience plus post graduate degree.
- NGO experience is a plus.
- Related work and field experiences in counseling or social service provision with women and adolescent girls.
- Knowledge of the local language is a must
- Demonstrated confidence in discussing intimate gender and sexuality issues.
- Able to maintain GBV and protection principles at all times – including knowledge and practical application of the GBV Guiding Principles and PSEA.
- Familiarity working in the region is an advantage.
- Basic supervisory/managerial skills
- Technical and report writing skills
- Computer literate (ability to use MS office, word, excel, and outlook email applications very well)
- Females are highly encourage to apply
Method of ApplicationExternal Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Internal Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for.
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job.
- Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number, if possible, also email address
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.