Purpose of the position:
The Right to Grow (R2G) Advocacy and Communication Specialist is responsible to provide sound technical support and guide field staffs, local partners including consortium members on nutrition and WASH advocacy and communication in terms of the R2G project approach. She/he proactively support the project implementation and M&E to ensure quality and gender inclusive way during the R2G project implementation period. Provision of technical support for R2G project partners and WVE field staffs for quality implementation of the WV social accountability model (i.e. Citizen Voice and Action, CVA); identifying nutrition and WASH advocacy topics, preparation of advocacy statements and communication and dissemination of advocacy issues using effective platforms including the R2G consortium partnership are also major role of the position.
Major Responsibilities :
STRATEGIC PROGRAMMING, INTEGRATION AND STANDARDS
· Provide strategic leadership and guidance in designing effective advocacy issues/topics within the framework of WV advocacy and communication policy, principles, and values;
· Provide overall leadership and coordination in the designing, preparation of nutrition and WASH advocacy statements during the R2G project implementation period.
· Planning and implementation of CVA model activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to the national policy, strategy and technical advocacy standards, best practices and donor and internal guidelines;
· Ensuring the sensitivity of the Nutrition and WASH advocacy issues and topics in terms of gender equality and inclusiveness;
· To enhance understanding regarding advocacy standards and accountability in nutrition and WASH programming across the consortium partners and WVE;
· To ensure effective communication and information sharing on nutrition and WASH advocacy programming with in WVE and R2G consortium partnership.
· Actively participate and take the lead/initiatives on the development of national Nutrition advocacy strategy and the humanitarian Development Nexus (HDN) strategy and implementation guideline together with the R2G consortium partners, CCRDA and SUN networks.
· Ensure the sectoral and activity implementation integration in all project implementation processes and level of engagements across the WVE structure
PROGRAM QUALITY AND Design Monitoring & Evaluation
· Coordinate and lead the R2G project during DIP preparation, implementation, and M&E ensuring quality and standards through enhanced partnership with the R2G consortium steering committee;
· Work in collaboration with ILaNS, WASH and Protection TP teams to ensure the quality of the R2G projects implementation;
· Provide overall leadership and guidance in the design and undertaking of need and gap assessments, CSOs landscape analysis and the Baseline, mid-review and end line surveys;
· Ensure alignment of the CVA model and the implementation approach of the R2G project with applicable government and donor policies, strategies and operating procedures;
· In collaboration with the R2G project staffs ensure the project implementation is technically sound, environmentally friendly, socially and cultural acceptable
COLLABORATION, PARTNERING and NETWORKING
· Liaise and establish contacts at national level R2G consortium partnership, NGOs, donors, UN agencies and other international partners and discussions at national level concerning Nutrition and WASH advocacies in WVE operational areas;
· Regularly participate in R2G consortium steering committee meetings and national and regional level SUN platforms (like ECSC-SUN) and other related coordination meetings to ensure effective information sharing and raising advocacy issues within WVE;
· Ensuring the R2G project interventions are well integrated with other development Area Programs in project sites;
· Ensure effective partnership, networking and coordination/collaboration with government, NGOs, UN agencies and other international partners including SUN networks in the nutrition and WASH advocacy activities;
· Ensure documentation of generated evidences and lesson from R2G project intervention sites through the CVA taskforces and other sources for advocacy, scalable approaches and best experiences;
· Create and maintain linkages with key implementing and research partners within Ethiopia in Nutrition and WASH programming.
· Assist in the recruitment, training and deployment of nutrition advocacy staff and periodically review JD’s to best reflect changing staff roles and responsibilities;
· In collaboration with the R2G consortium partners and local partners review performances and submit reports and updates timely to line managers.
Networking and advocacy
· Network with relevant government offices, FBO and CBO in the projects area to expedite project implementation and facilitate experience sharing within and outside the area
· Follow and update partners mapping tool and establish networks with NGOs, GOs and CSOs coordination platforms for advocacy
· In collaboration with the R2G consortium manager, generate articles and prepare advocacy statements based on findings generated from CVA taskforces, research institutes and other evidence platforms together with R2G technical staffs and consortium partners for advocacy;
· In collaboration with the R2G consortium manager and MEAL coordinator, create a discussion forum between consortium partners, regional/zonal/district level government representatives, and CSOs existing best nutrition and WASH practices and policies;
RESEARCH FOR LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
· Participate on online and face to face research forums and create networking to disseminate WVE evidences;
· Activity participate on planning designing and implementation of need and gap assessments, surveys and operational research in relation to the R2G project;
· In collaboration with the R2G Consortium MEAL coordinator and other consortium partners, contribute on the writing of articles and or abstracts and or project concepts for advocacy and resource mobilization for R2G outcome 4;
· Provide technical support for Consortium MEAL Coordinator in knowledge management, learnings and monitoring.
· MSc./MPH in Health Information Education Communication, and or Nutrition, and or Environmental Health
· MSc./MPH in project management, and or M&E, and or statistics
· Three years and above experience with MSc. /MPH on Nutrition, Environmental Health, WASH & Health Advocacy in INGOs/NGOs and National level project management and or Information and Knowledge management;
· She/he should have experience in preparation of advocacy statements, nutrition and WASH message developments, articles and or abstracts and strategies.
· Nutrition and WASH advocacy, communication and leadership, Knowledge management and any Nutrition related trainings.
Working Environment / Conditions:The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 60% of the time.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected]
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."