No. of the vacant post
- 1 (One)
- Program Manager
- One year contract period with possibility of extension
- Ensure continuous supervision of the overall operations of WGF’s agriculture, food security and livelihood enhancement projects in Oromia and Somali regional states and acts as a line assistant to the Technical Specialist- Agriculture, food security and livelihood.
- Coordinate implementation of agriculture, food security and other livelihood activities within the scope of the projects.
- Facilitate adoption of livelihood Resilience innovations such as Sustainable rain fed dry land farming, improved mechanization, irrigated farming, , Environmental Conservation, Holistic Rangeland Management, Sustainable Income Generation alternatives, Bee keeping, livestock Management.
- Identify training and development needs of extension workers and make recommendations to project manager.
- Collaborate with extension workers and other staff to enhance integration of WGF interventions. Lead in the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting on the agricultural component of the Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) projects focussing on pastoral livelihood and specifically in agricultural and Animal Husbandry and Health Services.
- Undertake planning, implementation and monitoring of food security, market linked livelihood (pastoralist & agro-pastoralist communities), agricultural LIVELIHOOD SUPPORT and DRR interventions in close coordination with other WGF team members, GENDER and WASH team members
- provide timely updates on the overall food security and livelihoods situation in the agreed area; This especially for the Pastoral Livelihoods, agricultural and agricultural products markets and trade, Animal disease surveillance, Status of pastures, access to Animal Health services, access to pastures and feed and fodder (markets);
- Provide support to in developing new proposals, providing data, information on: beneficiary expressed needs, context information, local authorities policies and plans, coordination with existing actors in the pastoral and agricultural sector, agricultural sector markets functionality.
- Produce regular activity progress reports to the team leader/PM providing complete data on achievements against planned outputs (locations, beneficiaries reached, meeting held, minutes, attendance lists, beneficiary lists, agricultural treatments records, etc.);
- Ensure that all WGF accountability procedures and tools are applied correctly at all stages of the implementation of agricultural extension activities and in particular in the Pastoral livelihood support and in the Animal Health activities;
- Ensure that Government laws and Regulations and other standards are always applied in the implementation of agricultural related activities; This includes gender, environment and protection aspects;
- Plan, implement and monitor Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) interventions in the pastoral Livelihood sector in case of emergency response.
- M.Sc/B.Sc in Agriculture-extension, Rural Development, Agricultural Economics and related fields.
- computer skills; MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral skills of Somali Languages.
- 3 years for MSc & 5 years BSc; Prior experience in a supervisory position, with good understanding on principles of extension Proven problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience working with pastoralist community on development matters, advocacy and governance, Gender mainstreaming, children rights & community mobilization skills.
How to Apply
Wako Gutu Foundation e-mail Address:- [email protected]
your CV and Application letter with non returnable Copies of supporting documents
Head Office-Addis Ababa Legehar, Besides Legehar city train Ticket office, e-mail:- [email protected]
Tel No – 0115 31 80 49 – 0911 71 95 48 Addis Ababa