- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
Splash is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” Small, young and growing, Splash is in a unique position to be ground breaking in the global health and “WASH” sectors, able to try new approaches to address the needs of urban kids. In ten years, we have brought and continue to ensure safe drinking water to over 400,000 children in cities around the world.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People – People first. People second. People third.
- Quality – Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty – No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy – Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes – Make them, don’t repeat them.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To learn more, please visit www.splash.org.
The Cashier and Storekeeper will assist the Splash – Ethiopian office by preparing cash and cheque payment voucher, manage cash flow, collect bank statement and demonstrate sound custody of all liquid assets, financial sensitive documents and fixed assets & inventories management
We are searching for an organized and detail-oriented storekeeper to manage all of the operations in our storeroom. In this position, you’ll play a key role in the proper care and maintenance of our stock, including ordering, receiving, and managing inventory.
This position will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Officer.
Roles and Responsibilities
Cash Man age ment:
- Demonstrate all accounting lifecycle
- Demonstrate sound financial documentation
- Prepare cash and cheque payment voucher based on approved documents and make the payments timely;
- Perform proper explanatory filing system for petty cash, Journal Voucher, Check transaction Vouchers of the organization
- Assist in annual Audit and provide necessary information and documents for the external Audit.
- Records all payments and balances daily with cash on hand.
- Manage petty cash flow from establishment, disbursement and replenishment phases
- Follow up and manage timely settlement and flow of activity in advance
- Collect bank statements, bank credit & debit advise, checkbooks, and related documents and notifications originating from banks, and delivers correspondences to banks
- Keep all cash and financial sensitive documents i.e. cash receipt vouchers and others in safe custody.
- Compiles a weekly cash expenditure tracker, which is updated daily.
- Follow up and ensure that payments are prepared and settled timely with regard to periodic and monthly obligations such as payroll income tax remittances, Private Pension Scheme fund contributions, and withholdings
- Conduct Petty cash count at the end of every month and keep records accordingly.
Store and Fixed Asset Management:
- Maintain sufficient stock of fast-moving office supplies and bin cards for every stock item;
- Register all fixed asset in a logbook and keep signed files by users for property under their custody.
- Identification and Labeling of all fixed Asset & updating the stock record;
- Receive all purchased materials against GRN and issue materials from store against authorized and approved GIV;
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies; report those to accounting for reimbursements and record keeping
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control
- Controls bin cards and stock cards and makes the balance;
- Record newly received fixed assets and updates the records at the time of purchase.
- Conduct periodic physical inventory and fixed assets count on quarterly basis and for yearend audit and compile and sign the count document
- Ensure the warehouse is clean, and stocks are secure all the time.
- Keep custody of laptops and computer equipment after the resignation of staff or make the appropriate transfer to new staffs
- Apply FIFO inventory movement method from warehouse up on request
- Degree in relevant field (e.g., Accounting, Accounting and finance and Business Administration and Business-related Fields).
- At least 4 years of working experience and demonstrated knowledge on current trends related to work in the NGOs environment.
- Having experience both Cash and Fixed asset Management is important
- Female applicants are highly encouraged for this position
- Fluent in English and Amharic is Mandatory
- You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, openness and sound judgment
- You prefer being part of a team – you enjoy collaboration and have a genuine interest in learning from others
- You are innovative and creative: you constantly seek better ways to improve quality and accomplish objectives
- You have a strong ability to plan, sequence, and prioritize work
- You demonstrate excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, self-motivation, and the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, entrepreneurial environment
- You exhibit cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively with remote team members
- You have a deep belief in and passion for Splash’s work and the children we serve
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicant should apply through the link below