The purpose of the Assistant Financial Accountant position will assist the Financial Accountant to carry out activities in finance including petty cash management. She/he will assist with quality control, financial reporting and monitoring. The role holder will also provide assistance in ensuring appropriate systems and procedures (payroll, cash management, vendor payments, budgeting and other related to financial management) are in place to properly disburse, account, budget and report project funds which are cost-effective, timely, have proper internal controls and comply with SCI internal policy procedure.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Job specific roles and responsibilities
- Prepares bank payment voucher for approved payments and effect the payment.
- Ensure supplier/vendors are paid on time and legal receipt is received for all effected payments and attach to the payment documents.
- Handle petty cash of the field office and maintain proper petty cash recording/register
- Prepares petty cash payment voucher and effects approved cash payment up to petty cash limit of the program.
- Follow up on staff work advance and travel advance to be settled timely.
- Properly coding of all bank and petty cash transactions as per chart of account coding classification.
- Collect cash with appropriate voucher and deposit cash collections intact to bank account.
- Ensure safe custody of Filed office’s Petty Cash fund, uncollected cheque, new cheque pads & bid bonds, and other legal documents related to finance.
- Prepare General Ledger and Cash Offline Spread sheet (GLACOSE for all transactions that to be reviewed and posted by the Financial Accountant
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- BA degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience,
- Computer knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowhow of different Accounting Software’s
- Experience in handling petty cash is required for this role.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Strong training skill
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices, flexibility in working long hours and ability to work with incoming surge teams;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Teams, in the event of emergencies
SC Values are: Accountability , Ambition , Collaboration , Creativity and Integrity . To meet the value system, the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following Competencies on ongoing bases.
A pplyin g technical and professional expertise : Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organisation.
Engaging (align with Collaboration, Creativity,
Networking : Builds and use sustainable relationship to support the work of save the children
Working effectively with others Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Gode Somali Regional State in Ethiopia. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/ careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy. Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using thebelow link: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl