Vacancy Number: VA_052_FY19
The Carter Center is a not-for-profit international NGO committed to waging peace, fighting disease and building hope worldwide. The Carter Center country office in Ethiopia, which assists the Government of Ethiopia in Disease Elimination and Eradication Programs is looking for a qualified professional to fill the following vacancy for its Guinea Worm Eradication Program.
- Checks receipts against jobs, presents to Logistics Officer/Manager for approval and facilitate payments to vendors.
- Verifies vehicle related expenses, in the absence of Logistics Officer.
- Facilitates timely reporting of accidents to insurance company & follows-up claims.
- Assists in customs clearing activities when items are imported from Atlanta and other places.
- Compiles and summarizes monthly vehicle logbook activity; Submits report to the Logistic officer and Logistics Manager.
- Collects price quotations from suppliers when instructed by the Logistics Manager/Logistic Officer; Process procurement/purchase of materials as instructed.
- Processes and receives medical equipment, supplies, drugs & other items issued to the respective Woredas, Zones or Regions.
- Assists in delivery and receipt of ABATE Chemical, Filters and other medical supplies to the respective offices.
- Prepares Catalog for all supplies (medical, office equipment, reagents, food items, and office equipment/electronics) needed by GWEP programs.
- In consultation with Logistics Manager and Logistics Officer, identifies potential suppliers for medical supplies, prints, stationery, etc.
- Assists in fleet operations within the organization; Manages and arranges all available vehicles in close consultation with the Logistic Officer.
- Follows-up and ensures logbooks are available for each and every GWEP vehicle.
- Periodically monitors to ensure that vehicles are deployed in an efficient manner and to verify that fuel is utilized for appropriate activities.
- Follows-up to ensure all vehicles have their insurance policy and it is up-to-date.
- Manages visa process for headquarter staff, donors and other visitors.
- Performs other activities as instructed by supervisor.
Terms of Employment: One year contract with a possibility of extension
Required Number: 1 (One)
Reports to: Logistics Officer
Qualification and Experience:
- BA degree in Logistics & Supply Chain Management or related fields from a recognized university.
- Minimum of five years relevant experience in logistics/operation management.
- Strong analytical skill and able to generate professional reports
- Experience in supply chain and logistics management areas with good field experience
- Good computer skills, particularly in MS Office packages
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Able to present recommendation letter from the most recent employer
- NGO experience is advantageous
- Valid and renewed Driving License is also a plus
How to Apply
Deadline for all applications: Ten (10) days from the date of this vacancy announcement.
Interested applicants should submit their CV, application letter (Please indicate position applied for in the subject line) including photocopies of all supporting documents to the address given below.
You can submit your application in person at TCC-E Country Office,
Bole sub city, Woreda 03, House No. 2357
Around Bole, next to Hayat Hospital
+251 – 118 -69-95-37
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.