Rehabilitation and Development Organization (RaDO) is looking for competent and qualified applicants for the following positions. RaDO is an NGO currently working on the area of Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities, Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS, Gender Based Violence (GBV), etc. Currently, RaDO is operational in the Somalia and Sudanese refugee camps located in Ethiopia.
The purpose of the Assistant Rehabilitation Officer position is to plan and execute the day to day Rehabilitation activities in the refugee camp. He/she is also responsible for facilitation of community mobilization, to provision of training and technical support to the Refugee Rehabilitation Workers and other target groups, updating the data of PWDs, etc.
Duration of the contract: May 15,2019 – December 31,2019
Terms of Employment: On contract basis that will be renewed each year
- A minimum of BA/BSc Degree in Nursing, Public Health (Health), Sociology/Social Work or any related Social Science.
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in health, or social and Rehabilitation oriented projects
- NGO and refugee experience is an asset
- Computer skills (word processing, spread sheet, etc.);
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, sensitivity to disability, transparent and participatory management.
Number Required: Three
Duty Starting Date – Immediately
How to Apply
Interested applicants can forward their CV (not more than 3 page) and cover letter (not more than one page) to RaDO through internet e-mail Address email@example.com or submit in person at RaDO Shire Sub-Office -Shire
When you apply, please clearly indicate the position and location of the area you are applying for on the subject line of your email application. Applicants should also clearly state the following in their application letter to ease the shortlisting process.
- Date of Birth
- Summary of qualification
- Educational background specific to the requirement
- work experience and previous related areas of engagement
- Current employer and current salary
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for assessment.
NB. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.