The Agricultural Transformation Through Stronger Vocational Education (ATTSVE) project is a large capacity building, 8 year project funded by Global Affairs Canada and led by Dalhousie University and partners working with four Ethiopian ATVETs, Wolaita Soddo, Maichew, Nejo and Woreta.
The ATTSVE project is designed to enhance the capacity of the Ethiopian ATVET system to prepare skilled, competent technical graduates. Under the ATTSVE project, ATVETs will become reputable providers of modular training as well as customized short-term trainings that meet the unique needs of farmers, rural youth, the agro industry and the broader rural communities. Training design and delivery will grant specific consideration to the unique needs of women farmers and female rural youth. Customized training modules will transform ATVETs through both institutional strengthening as well as the maturation and diversification of their own programme offerings and instructional modalities.
To hire a consultant to support on development of materials and deliver a short skills based training on Beekeeping and Business Practices to Small scale honey bee producers, Extension (development) agents, Youth who are interested in having a beekeeping business.
At the end of the 4 day training, learners will be able use bee biology to maintain hive health and increase production of honey, while identifying additional hive products and exploring ways to expand business opportunities.
- Review training agenda and materials for training areas as developed by Dalhousie and JUCAVM and provide feedback.
- Develop learning materials for some areas of the training after discussion with Dalhousie and JUCAVM.
- Advise on relevant field visits for the training.
- Online or in person meeting with JUCAVM before the training to review materials and plan delivery.
- Travel to and co-deliver 4 day trainings at two ATVETs and surrounding areas in September or October 2021. This training could take place at any two of the four project ATVETs, Maichew, Nejo, Wolaita Soddo and Woreta, and the choice will depend on security. These trainings will be co-delivered with an expert from JUCAVM.
- Provide copies of training materials to Dalhousie before the training.
- Complete training report with other trainers.
Length of contract
The consultant will be hired in March 2021 when review of the materials will start and the contract will finish after the training is delivered and training report submitted by November 2021. Consultant must be available for training dates which are likely to be September or October 2021. The assignment requires working remotely with teams in different time zones. The total level of effort for the assignment is not likely to exceed 28 days; this includes development and review of training materials, training delivery, and drafting training report.
The consultant will need to pay all costs from their financial proposal, including travel, accommodation, and insurance.
- Main competency: The consultant should have at least 5 years technical experience of bee keeping (both modern and traditional) and business practices and teaching these topics
- BSc or MSc in Animal Production (Apiculture) or similar topic.
- Knowledge and experience of CBET and skills based learning delivery is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience of educational delivery at the ATVET level is an asset.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Local language an asset.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Experience in pre and post-test design /post training action plan development.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants with the relevant qualifications & required experience can send us their
CV and plan for co-delivering the training
Financial proposal for the consultancy
A renewed consultant license and professional certificates
ToT or VAT registration and TIN certificate
Via Email to: [email protected] by putting “Job Application for BEEKEEPING TRAINING CONSULTANT”, in the subject box.
Make sure the Position you have applied for, is clearly stated on your Email
Incomplete Application will lead to disqualification. Financial proposal must include all costs of the consultants, including applicable taxes.
Application Deadline: March 12, 2021 by 5:00 PM.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.