· MAIN REASON FOR THE POSITION – The Health Program Manager be responsible for managing Health and Nutrition teams in SP’s Mobile Medical and Nutrition Units in the Northwest Zone of Tigray. This includes hiring and managing staff, reporting health data according to donor and RHB guidelines, managing supply chain of medical supply and pharmaceuticals, and ensuring proper financial budget of the program is maintained.
· BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
· Apply Public Health knowledge and skills in the Management of the BHA, Emergency Multi-Sectoral Response to Tigray Conflict Affected Communities: Mobile Medical and Nutrition Units.
· Ensure staff maintains SP and government protocols while providing medical care in the MMNU.
· Coordinate teams daily activities, ensuring team is maintaining appropriate clinical hours.
· Oversee and ensure accurate documentation and reporting is maintained according to government standards.
· Maintain active relationships with Health Cluster Lead and RHB Officials, adapting program operations as necessary.
· Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about their nutrition status and provide appropriate explanation/education about the treatment to follow, verifying that they have understood the treatment plan.
· Work with staff to ensure care and communication is culturally sensitive.
· Manage the supply chain of pharmaceuticals and consumables in accordance with BHA guidelines, ensuring team has adequate supply to maintain the MMNU operation.
· Lead clinical team, ensuring compliance with standard infection prevention and control guidelines is maintained.
· Oversee that clinical documentation and collection of health and nutrition data is accurate and reported according to government and SP standards. Provide guidance and mentorship to team members as appropriate.
· Responsible for ensuring team is working and managing daily set up of mobile nutrition unit; ensuring the appropriate amount of time is available to see patients.
· Ensure patient confidentiality is respected at all times.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Attend daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for ministry, donors and voluntaries.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function.
2. Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
3. Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
4. Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
5. Must be a humble team player
6. Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
7. Must have analytical and report writing skills.
8. Willingness to travel in and out of the field
9. High level of integrity and stewardship.
10. Committed to the SP values and ethics.
11. Proficient in making clinical decisions in the care of the patient population serving.
Education / Experience Needed
- Masters in Public Health or Health Officer Degree.
- Has experience in Program Management, preferably in low-resource setting.
- Prior work experience with NGO preferred.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands will be dependent upon situation and event.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work in a security context that is fluid
This is a non-contractual document that can be varied from time to time as circumstances dictate. This job description is intended to summarize the main duties and responsibilities of the post; this is not intended to be a full and exhaustive list of tasks. All SP staff is expected to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to perform appropriate tasks when the need arises.
How to ApplyInterested applicants can send ONLY updated CV (maximum of 3 pages) and application letter (one Page only) no later than May 10,2021 to [email protected] . Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, '' BHA Health and Nutrition Program Manager "