Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development (ECDD)
External Vacancy Announcement
CAPACITY BUILDING OFFICERs, SOCIAL INCLUSION PROJECT
The Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development (ECDD) is an Ethiopian Development NGO established in 2005 and has been re-registered and accorded legal personality with registry number 0321 on May 17/2019 as a local organization in accordance with the civil society organizations proclamation No. 1113/2019. ECDD works collaboratively with other organizations to promote, facilitate, and build organizational capacity for “disability inclusive development” in Ethiopia – the inclusion of disability issues and persons with disabilities in mainstream government service delivery and non-governmental development programs.
ECDD is currently partnering with the three disability consortia namely, Federation of Ethiopian Associations of Persons with Disabilities (FEAPD), Ethiopian National Disability Action Network (ENDAN) and Network of organizations of/for the Visually Impaired and the Blind (NOVIB)) to implement a project entitled “ Disability Networks Partnering for an Inclusive Society in Ethiopia” with the support of Civil Society Support Program (CSSP).
The project aims at contributing towards the creation of a disability inclusive society in Ethiopia, through the collaborative partnership of DPOs/CSOs and strategic stakeholders for the transformation of disability networks/CSOs into vibrant, harmonious and vocal rights and policy advocacy groups. The project will be implemented in Tigray, Amhara, Oromia and Addis Ababa. The major expected results of the project include
- More efficient, professional, transparent and accountable organizational structures and management systems put in place in disability networks/CSOS;
- Broad-based and sustainable collaborative partnership established among disability networks/CSOs, and with strategic government stakeholders and other relevant actors;
- Organized and collective voice of disability coalition and stakeholder groups intensified for disability rights to be addressed in policy, legislative and institutional frameworks.
Capacity Building Officers, SIP
The capacity building Officers (3 officers) will be reporting to the ECDD Social inclusion Project Coordinator and partners project coordinators and is responsible for the implementation of capacity building activities targeting co-implement partners namely, FEAPD, ENDAN and NOVIB. The Capacity Building Officers will be based at the co-implementing partner offices for temporary position (4months) and one officer will assigned for each partners.
The Capacity Building Officers who will be based at co-implementing partners’ offices (ENDAN, NOVIB and FEAPD), will assist the partners to spearhead implementation of project activities including system development support, capacity building, the formation of a disability platform, setting up of sector specific disability working groups, the generation of researched evidences, establishment of a national coordination and mechanism on the enforcement of CRPD, and engagement with media outlets on the rights of persons with disabilities including, women and girls with disabilities.
Specifically, the Capacity Building Officers will:
Description of Tasks:
1. Asses and identify areas of capacity building needs for co-implementing partners.
2. Prepare capacity building plan for each co-implementing partners based on already identified gaps.
3. Develop TOR for various capacity building tracings and technical supports to be catered for co-implementing partners.
4. Organize exposure and knowledge/skill transfer programs between disability, civil society, government and community actors/groups together with ENDAN
5. Assist ENDAN in organizing capacity building trainings for policy and decision makers and media houses on disability mainstreaming and inclusive development practices
6. Assist strategic planning management (SPM) processes of ENDAN, FEAPD and NoVIB
7. Work with Ethiopian Lawyers with disabilities Association to advocate for action to institutionalize disability
8. Assist co-implementing partners with the implementation of their respective Child safeguarding policy.
9. Work with consultants to support co-implementing partners in the coalition to design, revise and finalize studies/researches started.
10. Assist NoVIB for policy brief and call to action drafting based on the assessment reports on existing disability related laws and policies.
11. Assist NoVIB, ENDAN and FEAPD in organizing different public and community dialogues and policy dialogue forum based on the results of the studies being conducted.
12. Create systematic linkages and synergy of different capacity building activities at FEAPD, ENDAN and NoVIB.
13. Collaborate with ECDD SIP Coordinator for an inclusive and functional project steering committee composed of key project stakeholders and partners.
14. Collaborate with ECDD SIP Coordinator for the formation of a broad-based and inclusive national disability platform consisting of DPOs, CSOs of persons with disabilities, as well as concerned government, civil society, academic and research institutions.
15. Provide need-based Field Level Technical support for co-implementing partners.
16. Coordinate the planning and implementation, in consultation with ECDD SIP Coordinator and partners project coordinators of a project Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system to capture progress and results of the project activities.
17. Prepare and consolidate monthly, quarterly and annual capacity building activity reports at co-implement partners.
18. Maintain and regularly provide project updates for ECDD communications officer and SIP Coordinator on ECDD Facebook page and other social media accounts.
19. Undertake such other tasks as may be assigned by the ECDD SIP coordinator and Partners project coordinator/Executive Directors.
1. Education – BA in Social Work, Sociology, economics, management, or related social science field
2. Professional experience – minimum 4 years work experience in project coordination
3. Previous experience working in capacity building activities is preferred
4. Competence in the use of computer applications
5. Fluency in English and Amharic or Ethiopian Sign Language, knowledge of other Ethiopian languages desirable
6. Previous experience on CSSP funded projects is a plus
7. Experience on working with Consortia programs is an asset
Persons with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. ECDD gives priority to qualified individuals with disabilities. ECDD will meet any and all required disability adjustment costs to enable individuals with disabilities to meet job requirements.
How to Apply
Fill the ECDD Job Application Form clicking on the link http://www.ecdd-ethiopia.org/vacancy-list/384-ecdd-inclusive-health-service-application-form.html .
submit with your application letter and CV only , combined it together then convert it into PDF format (testimonials/supporting documents are not required at this stage) the file not more than one MB ( 1MB)
*** The file name use your full name , and Do not forget to write the position on the Subject area.
via or by e-mail to [email protected] or hand-delivered in a sealed envelope to the ECDD Office – Meskel Flower Road behind Dreamliner Hotel, Tele: +251-114-165859 or through p. o. box 1530 code 1250, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Relevant documents will be requested after screening.
Deadline: Ten (10) Days following the posting of this announcement